• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Businesses in England that will still restrict entry (via face masks) after July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramling

Veteran Member
I was in a Waitrose in London today and expected 100% mask wearing given the area the store was located and the type of clientele that shop there - was pleasantly surprised that it was actually less than 40%.

This, unfortunately, wasn't my experience in Waitrose Harpenden last week. We were about the only two *not* in masks, and had some serious dagger looks. Not unexpected though!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Went out to a restaurant in Horsham this evening, no staff or customers wearing a mask other than an elderly wheelchair bound lady, then one 20ish man got up to make his way to the toilet and put his mask on to make this perilous journey, covid or pre-knowledge that something was stuck in the trap I don't know .....

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This, unfortunately, wasn't my experience in Waitrose Harpenden last week. We were about the only two *not* in masks, and had some serious dagger looks. Not unexpected though!
At my local Waitrose. 90% of the staff don’t wear one but 90% of the customers do. I would hazard a guess and say any time I walk past or go in, over half the customers are above 60.

HST274

Shops where I live seem to have all the staff wearing them- they've no doubt been told to- but mask wearing in others is about 30% a sharp drop from a month ago.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
We’re going to leave this one here for now so thanks for your contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.