• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Butterley M.R.C. to Crewe Heritage Centre (26th August)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wyvern

Established Member
Interesting route. Via Derby Way and Works, and thence via Lichfield

Boothby97

Established Member
It will be a Steam Locomotive + Support Coach move, don't know which loco though.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Could well be wrong, but I think 46233 Duchess of Sutherland is due to work a Cumbrian Mountain Express starting at Crewe next Saturday. Could be a positioning move for that.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
According to this, http://www.prclt.co.uk/2014-Duchess-whereabouts.pdf , 46233 will based at Crewe HC from 24th July to be used on charters during the whole of August and September. So I assume it's already at Crewe.

I was going off the fact that there is currently an image of this loco on Railway Herald showing it on display at the MRC dated 17th August 2014. May be just that it never went to Crewe as planned because of this summers steam ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.