• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian sleeper on West Highland

Status
Not open for further replies.

4SRKT

Established Member
Is this still usable as a conventional service train since the franchise was split off? There are no fares showing in NRE, but the service is listed as being there. I suppose the excellent advances that used to be available Mallaig > Glasgow using this service for a good later departure weren't going to survive ScotRail not running the service, but it seems to suggest that even an ordinary open ticket can't be used.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It can be used as a normal service. I would recommend a seat reservation although I doubt whether the lack of one would cause an issue.

Sadly the Advance tickets from Mallaig have gone but 'normal' tickets are fine. If travelling to Edinburgh split at Dalmuir (I have it in writing that they are ok with this).

One word of warning is that CS don't recognise the local Scottish Easements so you can't use a ticket from (say) Glasgow/Edinburgh - Kyle to travel via Mallaig.

Status
Not open for further replies.