• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can you collect pre-booked tickets AFTER the date/time of travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 33

Established Member
I had made bookings for tomorrow(departing 0853 and 1800). But now not able to travel tomorrow, so amended the tickets for two journeys in early January instead. I received those tickets by post a few days ago. But it says on the tickets they're only valid with the original tickets for Monday 16th December. I've not yet picked up those original tickets yet. So my query is will I still be able to collect those tickets from the ticket machines anytime after tomorrow? Or will this not be possible? If unable to collect them anytime after tomorrow, not a big problem, it will just mean I'll have to leave earlier tomorrow in order to collect them. Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Yes, you can collect the original tickets after the date of the 'journey'.

Class 33

Established Member
OK Thanks. That's good to know. I'll collect them on Tuesday.

Class 33

Established Member
Hmmm.... well this isn't looking good. I just tried collecting those tickets from the ticket machine, only to get a "We were unable to retrieve this booking" message. I tried collecting from Clifton Down station and not the original station I selected to collect the tickets from - Bristol Temple Meads. But it's usually OK to be able to collect tickets from a different station to the one selected. Though the ticket machine at Clifton Down station can be a bit temperamental at times(half the time it seems to be out of order), so maybe that's why. So I will have to try collecting from the ticket machine at Bristol Temple Meads at lunchtime today. And if that doesn't work, I will have to goto the ticket counter and ask one of the clerks. And if that doesn't work, I'll have to contact GWR Support to hopefully get the problem resolved in time for my intended travel on 3rd and 4th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.