• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carriage / train formation map/plan Gleis 3 Dresden HBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good afternoon. I just wondered if there is anywhere on the web, to find a Carriage / train formation map/plan for Gleis 3 Dresden HBF?

Last time I went from there on a weekday, I got a bit confused at the last minute, so it would be useful to have more knowledge in advance. I would be travelling early on a Wednesday morning in February.

I can get general station maps up, but that is about it.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Alternatively, the booked formation (Wagenreihung) of your train can be found on
http://www.grahnert.de/fernbahn/reihung/reih0043.html
Double check for day and date, and obviously listen out for the dreaded "reverse formation" announcement - as with the UK, the departure indicator may not have been corrected.
Do ask if you want info for a specific train and are struggling with the German.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Alternatively, the booked formation (Wagenreihung) of your train can be found on
http://www.grahnert.de/fernbahn/reihung/reih0043.html
Double check for day and date, and obviously listen out for the dreaded "reverse formation" announcement - as with the UK, the departure indicator may not have been corrected.

"umgekehrte Wagenreihung" is the thing to listen for for it being backwards. Could also be "geaenderte Wagenreihung", but that more means "altered" so could be misformed in any way, e.g. LHCS in any random order or a substituted different type of ICE set.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Many thanks for this. I don't have the ticket or seat/carriage numbers yet, but I think it is ICE 1652 that I will be joining on a Wednesday at Dresden at 0810 hrs, arriving at Frankfurt am Main HBF around 1230ish.
I looked at the formation list as mentioned above, I think on that day, (Wed) it is a single set of 7 coaches 21-28.?

(On Mondays and Sundays extra carriages are connected at Leipzig and on Saturdays it is 2 units until Frankfurt and then one unit onwards from there.) Very helpful to have this knowledge in advance.

By the way, I will have about 2 hour connection time before another ICE to Brussels. Does anyone know if there is a decent eating place in or close to Frankfurt HBF, where I can get a seat, drink and something to eat, schnitzel/sausages etc. I will have luggage with me. Tks.

Last edited:

Veteran Member
Many thanks for this. I don't have the ticket or seat/carriage numbers yet, but I think it is ICE 1652 that I will be joining on a Wednesday at Dresden at 0810 hrs, arriving at Frankfurt am Main HBF around 1230ish.
I looked at the formation list as mentioned above, I think on that day, (Wed) it is a single set of 7 coaches 21-28.?

By the way, I will have about 2 hour connection time before another ICE to Brussels. Does anyone know if there is a decent eating place in or close to Frankfurt HBF, where I can get a seat, drink and something to eat, schnitzel/sausages etc. I will have luggage with me. Tks.

https://www.einkaufsbahnhof.de/fran...ore/ffm_uddin-uddin-eiscafe-restaurant-s7101/
Seems to be the only non-fast-food on the station itself. I suspect pricey, but it ticks your boxes. Above the Travel Centre which will be signposted Reisezentrum.

If you are travelling First, then the First Class bit of the Lounge should run to soup and a sandwich plus drinks.

Unfortunately the old Intercity Restaurant accessed by a glass lift and overlooking the bufferstops seems to have gone :(

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Many thanks again, no sadly not in first class. However the Uddin Uddin looks fine for what I want. I think that Intercity Restaurant went a while ago.

Groningen

Established Member
Umgekehte Wagenreihe ist that front of the train becomes back of the train. So wagon 1 to 10 becomes 10 to 1. They forgot to turn the train around.

Status
Not open for further replies.