• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carstairs Overhead Line Equipment renewals and upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Just passed through the south to east curve for the first time (late to the party, I know) and "Wow!" is all I can say.

Money well spent.

och aye

As a matter of interest, has the remodelling shortened journey times (even by 1-2 mins) on particular routes?

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
As a matter of interest, has the remodelling shortened journey times (even by 1-2 mins) on particular routes?

experienced, yes (but not by that much) - however it hasn’t been introduced into the timetable (yet).

fgwrich

Established Member
Just passed through the south to east curve for the first time (late to the party, I know) and "Wow!" is all I can say.

Money well spent.

I travelled across the East to North curve last week and likewise, From what once was an absolute slow speed trundle around that curve to a lovely and smooth 50mph journey - blink and you really do miss Carstairs station!

route101

Established Member
I travelled across the East to North curve last week and likewise, From what once was an absolute slow speed trundle around that curve to a lovely and smooth 50mph journey - blink and you really do miss Carstairs station!
Yes, noticed the speed increase on XC HST other week.

McRhu

Without wishing to divert the thread, can I just point out the interesting fact that Carstairs was the terminus of an electrified railway some 135 years ago making it - I think - the first station in Scotland to see electric traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.