• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carto Metro London rail map v3.10 now available (uploaded yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogmi

Franklin uploaded the the latest update (v3.10) to the online and downloadable London rail map yesterday.

From the site:
"Last updates : Bank diversion, Minor corrections (Aldgate East)"

The track layout changes due to take place east of Epping at the weekend have been included. Hopefully the changes went ahead :)

Downloadable PDF version
Ideal for regular use and use with larger screens. Handy if using the map as a reference. The PDF map gives the highest resolution (6400% magnification) and allows all the tiniest details to be seen that might otherwise be missed.

Online version
Same details as the PDF map, plus the online map is interactive
Ideal for use on mobiles etc. when out and about
Select a station. A pop-out will allow you to:
Toggle between the London Lines map (also downloadable) London map
View the area on Google / Bing maps
Next train departures (LU and NR)

As always, if anybody has any feedback regarding the map, please contact Franklin (email details are at the bottom of the site page) or post here

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
I believe Paddington (H&C) platforms might need to be re-added to the fully-zoomed-in detail level in v3.11 (... For Workgroups?).

Edit: Royal Oak is similarly afflicted.

Rogmi

I believe Paddington (H&C) platforms might need to be re-added to the fully-zoomed-in detail level in v3.11 (... For Workgroups?).

I spent ten minutes trying to find where the problem was as everything looked OK. Thought - "let's look online" and saw what you meant :)
The PDF download (which I always use) is OK and so it must be a hiccup affecting the online version. Thanks for that. I'll let Franklin know and I'll also try and look around the online map to see if I can see anything else obvious.

D365

Veteran Member
Apologies for the (somewhat) off-topic but is the Epping to Ongar reconnection brand new?

Rogmi

Apologies for the (somewhat) off-topic but is the Epping to Ongar reconnection brand new?
No. Originally (in theory at least) there was still a connection. Whilst, I assume, the running rails are still continuous, what they have effectively done now is taken the connection away. Where Epping joins the Ongar branch (at the LU border), back-to-back train arrestors have been fixed. Think of these as buffers. They form a permanent barrier to movement over the line border. A train overrunning the Ongar branch will be stopped at the arrestor on its side, a train overrunning Epping station will be stopped at the arrestor on the LU side.
That's assuming that the work was carried out this weekend.

D365

Veteran Member
No. Originally (in theory at least) there was still a connection. Whilst, I assume, the running rails are still continuous, what they have effectively done now is taken the connection away. Where Epping joins the Ongar branch (at the LU border), back-to-back train arrestors have been fixed. Think of these as buffers. They form a permanent barrier to movement over the line border. A train overrunning the Ongar branch will be stopped at the arrestor on its side, a train overrunning Epping station will be stopped at the arrestor on the LU side.
Ah. So it’s not as exciting as I had first hoped!

Dstock7080

Established Member
A train overrunning the Ongar branch will be stopped at the arrestor on its side, a train overrunning Epping station will be stopped at the arrestor on the LU side.
The work was completed as you describe

Attachments

• Train Arrestor installed on the LU - Onga Railway Boundary2.jpg
    Train Arrestor installed on the LU - Onga Railway Boundary2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Rogmi

Thanks. Very basic. I was expecting something a bit more bulkier, but then nothing should hit either of them at any great speed. Looks simple enough to remove if transfer to / from the Ongar branch is required.

Rogmi

I spent ten minutes trying to find where the problem was as everything looked OK. Thought - "let's look online" and saw what you meant :)
The PDF download (which I always use) is OK and so it must be a hiccup affecting the online version. Thanks for that. I'll let Franklin know and I'll also try and look around the online map to see if I can see anything else obvious.

Franklin has reuploaded the online map, and it now shows Royal Oak, Paddington, and other station platforms that were missing.

The update information was also shown incorrectly and this has also been changed to:
"Last updates : Bank diversion, Minor corrections (Aldgate East)"

rebmcr

Established Member
Franklin has reuploaded the online map, and it now shows Royal Oak, Paddington, and other station platforms that were missing.
I have just discovered Blackfriars (District & Circle) in the same condition on the reissue.

Rogmi

I have just discovered Blackfriars (District & Circle) in the same condition on the reissue.
Thanks, I'll let Franklin know. Apparently the problems have been caused by a software update.

It's strange, because the platforms only disappear when the online map is zoomed to maximum. They show at all other times.

Last edited:

subk2010

What happened to Aldgate East?
Is that the crossover between Aldgate East and Whitechapel was removed?

Dstock7080

Established Member
Yes, removed 8/9 February 2020

Was to have been replaced by new 9A/9B 10 points at Tower Hill when SMA 3 was due to be commissioned in March 2020. Unfortunately these won’t be commissioned when SMA 3 goes live next week and are likely to be removed.

Last edited:

Rogmi

Yes, removed 8/9 February 2020

Was to have been replaced by new 9A/9B 10 points at Tower Hill when SMA 3 was due to be commissioned in March 2020. Unfortunately these won’t be commissioned when SMA 3 goes live next week and are likely to be removed.

The changes to Aldgate East on map v3.10 were for the disused Aldgate East. The WB platform is now shown in the correct place (on the H&C), the new District line curve (from 1938) is date labelled and the original District line curve position has been added.

Status
Not open for further replies.