• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Line train map: which year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I'm trying to find out which year a Central Line train map (i.e. one from inside the coaches) that I aquired recently was made. I have suggested it is from the period between 1987 and 1994 using this criteria:
  • The Epping to Ongar line is shown as ''Peak Hours Only''
  • The DLR logo (first version) is shown at Stratford, but not at Bank implying it had opened to Stratford but not Bank by this time
  • At Liverpool Street, interchange is mentioned with the Metropolitan and Circle Lines only, no mention being made of the Hammersmith & City Line and;
  • The Waterloo & City Line connection is referred to as being part of BR.
In order to get more precise than this (the 1987 to 1994 period), I am trying to find out
1) When was the Hammersmith & City Line named as such?
2) When was the second version of the DLR logo was rolled out and when was the DLR opened to Bank?

Any thoughts or help on this greatly appreciated. I can upload pictures of the said map if needed.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is in the right place, mods feel free to move it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The H&C name came into being in 1990 and Bank DLR in July 1991.

Many thanks for your help EM2, much appreciated.

As the (initial) Stratford DLR station opened in 1987, I guess the map is from between 1987 & 1989?

EM2

Established Member
Many thanks for your help EM2, much appreciated.

As the (initial) Stratford DLR station opened in 1987, I guess the map is from between 1987 & 1989?
You're welcome.
I think your thought process is spot on, as an all-day service was reintroduced beyond Epping briefly from 1990.

Status
Not open for further replies.