• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

China Railway documentary, late 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Just a question really, can anybody remember a documentary on China Railway in the late 80's. It was presented by a lady who's Father had something to do with the Birmingham Railway Centre (?). I really would like to see it again but as I don't know its name, the person who presented its name or any other useful information looking for it on youtube is like looking for a needle in a haystack. If its any help it was broadcasted during Channel 4's 'Going Loco' series.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Midlandman

I can't remember the name of the programme, but the lady you have in mind is Maggie Whitehouse, whose father Pat was indeed connected with the Birmingham Railway Centre, AKA Tyseley shed. I also taped it as part of the 'Going Loco' extravaganza, and I'm currently searching all my old VHS tapes to transfer them to DVD. If I get to it in the next week or so, I'll let you know the title, but if you Google 'Maggie Whitehouse' it may give you a good hint or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.