• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

City Zap Leeds - York alternative route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
On my way back from York yesterday (Sunday 11th July), I met a City Zap service between the ring road roundabout and Rufforth. Is this a usual alternative route? Was something going on with the A64 yesterday?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluenoxid

Established Member
I don’t know what was going on but I also saw one outside of Wetherby racecourse heading eastbound.

Checking Twitter suggests issues caused by a vehicle fire the previous day and trying to do repairs at Bilbrough Top.

96tommy

I've also seen them on the road between Tadcaster, Towton and down towards Aberford.

Andyh82

Established Member
I've also seen them on the road between Tadcaster, Towton and down towards Aberford.
That's one of the route they can opt to take when its congested around the A1M/A64 junction

Via Rufforth must be due to a road closure, as that would involve missing out all the stops on Tadcaster Road

96tommy

Crikey. They’re some fun roads to take a bus down!

I know right. Plenty of times I've been on a Coastliner too between York and Tadcaster which has been diverted down the single lane from Copmanthrope towards Colton and then through Bolton Percy, if the A64 has been shut which is even more fun. Especially when a bus comes the other way!

SCH117X

Established Member
Via Rufforth must be due to a road closure, as that would involve missing out all the stops on Tadcaster Road
Not necessarily, turn south on the A1237 to the A64 and regain normal route

Status
Not open for further replies.