• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clapham Yard Derailment 30/11/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis5949

There seems to have been a derailment in Clapham Yard yesterday afternoon, and only in the past 10 minutes as I passed through Clapham Junction do I see the train hooked up to a 158/159 being rescue dragged back in to the depot. Any further information about this? Seems to have taken a while to get the train moving so seems quite serious

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
458504 seemed to have derailed across the depot approach road yesterday while working an ECS. Unfortunately it managed to spread itself across at least 2 roads, with the driving coach coming off entirely. From the photos I’ve seen today, the rest of the unit has been detached leaving the driving car to be re-railed.

It certainly seems to have caused enough disruption for SWR to have tweeted about it. (Not my photo but one from Twitter yesterday)

Attachments

• 916F3E8D-FACC-48EA-8751-66E59D34ACF4.jpeg
    916F3E8D-FACC-48EA-8751-66E59D34ACF4.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 445

Juniper Driver

Established Member
458's always in the wars.

We were talking about this in the mess room. Some drivers saying they could be coupled to the assisting 159... Actually we just thought the 159 (159012) was for support for the re-railing crews…

I did go a bit blank with that but was pretty sure they couldn't couple up...As I passed one time they had coupled up with an adapter coupling.

Status
Not open for further replies.