• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

class 310/12 Footage ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi

i really miss the 310/12s running

does anyone have footage of them?

if so plz get in touch.

many thanx

matty

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yea seen them. like to see some at speed. i rember wn i was spotting they thunnderd past my local very noisey.

matty

jonb

Established Member
Shoebury isnt a 'Scrapyard' the site deals with asbestos removal and storage.

TicketMan

Indeed but at least they aren't being scrapped yet - still a chance to see em if you can sneak into the MOD land (I did hehe)

By my reckoning there should still be one unit at Kineton (310049) - I assume that will also go to Shoeburyness too

jonb

Established Member
TicketMan said:
Indeed but at least they aren't being scrapped yet - still a chance to see em if you can sneak into the MOD land (I did hehe)

Likewise, did you drive up there?

TicketMan

Yeah - took us ages to find the place though - we were driving endlessly up and down residential roads looking for a view of the units. Going to try and get there again some time soon - both me and my mate have better cameras now - and hopefully the weather will be a little brighter too...

jonb

Established Member
TicketMan said:
Yeah - took us ages to find the place though - we were driving endlessly up and down residential roads looking for a view of the units. Going to try and get there again some time soon - both me and my mate have better cameras now - and hopefully the weather will be a little brighter too...

Ah yeah is a right pain to get to! Luckily my dad knew the local area as he does business in that part of the county so we found it without too much trouble. We walked quite a way down the path until there were weeds up to our waistline on the embankment looking onto the sea.

AlexS

Established Member
Very little that makes it in to Shoeburyness makes it out alive however! And they do do cuttings on site of course...

I still can't believe they killed the entire 312 fleet already, even the 310s are still around, criminal.

TicketMan

cheers Jon - we didn't bother going any further as the path seemed to move away from the tracks. I'll have to make a return visit soon.

Also, since we're on the subject, does anyone know if it is possible to view the stored stock (86s etc) at Immingham?

ikar

TicketMan said:
Also, since we're on the subject, does anyone know if it is possible to view the stored stock (86s etc) at Immingham?

This is what I found on the junction:

The Junction said:
Immingham TMD - English Welsh and Scottish Rly.

Allocation - Class 60

Usual Classes - Class 08/60/66 (stored class 08/37/56)

Vantage Points -

Shed Car Park and footpath alongside the shed (cross over the bridge and immediately turn left. A bit of mountainering is required to climb the pipes to get a good view of the rear of the shed and the stored locos). The shed is on the East side of Immingham on the road to the East docks. Look for the large white triangular building.

***UPDATE*** - THE VIEWING OF DEPOT FROM PIPELINE IS NOW NOT PERMITTED I WAS CHALLANGED BY POLICE WHEN THERE AT END OF JULY. THIS IS DUE TO SEPT 11 ANTI-TERRORISM LEGISLATION WHICH HAVE MADE PIPELINES NO-GO AREAS. YOU CAN BE DETAINED WITHOUT TRIAL IF CAUGHT ON THIS PIPELINE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

***FURTHER UPDATE*** - "EWS have now fitted a security gate to the bridge leading to the depot, consequently, access to the walkway alongside the pipelines is no longer possible". (18/05/03)

Depot Permits - Not Issued

Nearest Station - Grimsby Town (10 miles away, the 45 bus runs from Grimsby and stops right outside the shed)

if i win lotto il buy a set and do it up . have it made for running again.

better hurry tho lol

matty

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Since there seem to be quite a few 312 fans here, this may be of interest:
http://am12fund.amemua.co.uk/

It's a group that are trying to raise funds to preserve one of hopefully all the vehicles from the last surviving class 312 (ex c2c 312791), which is currently in use for fire service training. I've only just come across it, so don't have many details, but it sounds very good, and worth looking into. At least it sounds like the unit is safe for a number of years, and it seems the group hopes to have built up funds by the time it is sold to purchase it, and in this time also find long term accomodation for the unit.
Of cource, as a 312 fan, I an forced to point out that that 312s were never refered to as AM12s, being givern the tops number from the start :)

Status
Not open for further replies.