• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 315 Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was a video on youtube which I have seen of 4 people ( 2 men & 2 women ) who somehow managed to sneek into that very yard and were greeted by the sight of a 91 heavily stripped and on a track behind it was that very unit 315853.

The unit was blocked in by other vehicles probably awaiting the same fate but it was about 1 or 2 months ago when I saw the video so I cannot say exactly whether 315853 is still intact or not but at the time the video was filmed it definitely was intact. The group managed to evade the security cameras and staff and managed to actually get onboard the unit, had a good look around before exiting through an end cab door ( normally used either for evacuation or a driver to cross from 1 unit to the other ) and again evading staff and security cameras to exit the yard but they did film 315853 still intact at the time.

Hopefully the unit is still intact, who knows maybe it could join 315856 in the ranks of preserved emu's, if it is still intact that is.

I will have a search through my youtube watch history to see if I still have the video in my watched videos but its a very long shot, if I do still have it I will attempt to post the link on here but I'm not confident that I will find it.

As a follow on from the above, I have just finished an attempt to find the video I mentioned earlier but unfortunately I cannot find it in my youtube watch history, my apologies.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DBS92042

Established Member
There was a video on youtube which I have seen of 4 people ( 2 men & 2 women ) who somehow managed to sneek into that very yard and were greeted by the sight of a 91 heavily stripped and on a track behind it was that very unit 315853.

The unit was blocked in by other vehicles probably awaiting the same fate but it was about 1 or 2 months ago when I saw the video so I cannot say exactly whether 315853 is still intact or not but at the time the video was filmed it definitely was intact. The group managed to evade the security cameras and staff and managed to actually get onboard the unit, had a good look around before exiting through an end cab door ( normally used either for evacuation or a driver to cross from 1 unit to the other ) and again evading staff and security cameras to exit the yard but they did film 315853 still intact at the time.

Hopefully the unit is still intact, who knows maybe it could join 315856 in the ranks of preserved emu's, if it is still intact that is.

I will have a search through my youtube watch history to see if I still have the video in my watched videos but its a very long shot, if I do still have it I will attempt to post the link on here but I'm not confident that I will find it.

As a follow on from the above, I have just finished an attempt to find the video I mentioned earlier but unfortunately I cannot find it in my youtube watch history, my apologies.
The video is called 'Bullets or bolts'-should be the first video that comes up
Thank you both for helping. It appears 315853 is indeed still pretty much fully intact then, even after 7/8 months of being there! I wonder why they've left it alone so far?

bramling

Veteran Member
Thank you both for helping. It appears 315853 is indeed still pretty much fully intact then, even after 7/8 months of being there! I wonder why they've left it alone so far?

365541 managed to survive at Booths for several months. All in sharp contrast to Sims! There was a very vague rumour that 365541 was being held for some kind of preservation attempt, though I don’t recall anyone ever talking about buying it.

David Goddard

Established Member
365541 managed to survive at Booths for several months. All in sharp contrast to Sims! There was a very vague rumour that 365541 was being held for some kind of preservation attempt, though I don’t recall anyone ever talking about buying it.
There were hopes in some circles that 541, as the last EMU to be built at York works, may have been saved. Probably armchair wibble, as opposed to anyone actually getting anything together. Dont recall anything actually happening. Assume the ROSCO and Booths were aware and so bought a bit of time in case anyone came forward, which clearly didn't happen.

Ewan M

Thank you

I've seen a photo recently of 315853 at CF Booths however it's undated so unsure of when it was taken. Is anyone able to confirm if 315853 is indeed still intact at CF Booths?
I would‘ve thought that was long since cut up at Booths but I will be totally astonished if it was still intact in some way!

Status
Not open for further replies.