• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 319's into storage/withdrawals tracker

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class455

Established Member
There has been a change to the units heading to GWR according to the latest edition of Today's Railways. 319445 and 319452, originally due for GWR will now be going to Transport for Wales, their places in the GWR fleet will be taken by 319444 and 319446 (the latter having previously been leased from Northern). In addition, 319010 is at Brush Loughborough and is due to head to Orion Logistics, a subsidiary of ROG (for those who don't know about them, here's their website https://orion.railopsgroup.co.uk). 319009/365/366/373 should also be heading there.

Any updates to the list on Page 1 that I haven't made, please let me know

St. Paddy

There has been a change to the units heading to GWR according to the latest edition of Today's Railways. 319445 and 319452, originally due for GWR will now be going to Transport for Wales, their places in the GWR fleet will be taken by 319444 and 319446 (the latter having previously been leased from Northern). In addition, 319010 is at Brush Loughborough and is due to head to Orion Logistics, a subsidiary of ROG (for those who don't know about them, here's their website https://orion.railopsgroup.co.uk). 319009/365/366/373 should also be heading there.

Any updates to the list on Page 1 that I haven't made, please let me know
319452 has already been converted to 769452 and delivered to Cardiff as has 769445 according to the TFW 769 conversion thread

adc82140

Established Member
There is a video on YouTube of bits of 319454 being loaded on to Allelys trucks at Long Marston. Any idea of their destination?

Established Member
Someone might be able to find a better thread for this, but 350232 went to St Albans yesterday on what looks like a PTI run to get rid of the 319 from there down the road.

Ladder23

Established Member
Someone might be able to find a better thread for this, but 350232 went to St Albans yesterday on what looks like a PTI run to get rid of the 319 from there down the road.

reliable source told me 350’s will work it from December!

OTRail

I can imagine they would be - this isn’t the first time they’ve done test runs on the abbey line. If you look on YouTube there’s a few other instances of them running tests on the line over the years.

Wyrleybart

Established Member
I can imagine they would be - this isn’t the first time they’ve done test runs on the abbey line. If you look on YouTube there’s a few other instances of them running tests on the line over the years.
Odd. You would expect the first test run (if done properly) to identify any issues which need resolving. Once those have been ticked, maybe a confirmation / proving run.

OTRail

Odd. You would expect the first test run (if done properly) to identify any issues which need resolving. Once those have been ticked, maybe a confirmation / proving run.
My guess is the tests were for proving as you said, but until the /4s arrived there wasn’t much spare 350 capacity, that and the pandemic must have slowed things down...

The Vee

Hi, hope someone can help with a slightly off topic request. I see from the list that 319364 is at Northampton Kings Heath sidings. Does anybody local to the area know if it is visible from any road side locations as it’s very difficult to get to Northampton by rail from here. I think the only way is go to London then come back from Euston! Appreciate any help.

221101 Voyager

Established Member
Hi, hope someone can help with a slightly off topic request. I see from the list that 319364 is at Northampton Kings Heath sidings. Does anybody local to the area know if it is visible from any road side locations as it’s very difficult to get to Northampton by rail from here. I think the only way is go to London then come back from Euston! Appreciate any help.
Yes, you would change at KGX and then go to Euston. Whne I went past Northampton last week it was still there, I saw the front of it just outside of the North end of the shed, I think you may struggle getting an image of it, assuming it is still there this week.

The Vee

Yes, you would change at KGX and then go to Euston. Whne I went past Northampton last week it was still there, I saw the front of it just outside of the North end of the shed, I think you may struggle getting an image of it, assuming it is still there this week.
Thank you for your response. Can the north end of the shed be seen other than passing by in a train?

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Presumably with the present limited service the 319s no longer work on the 'main line', only on the St Albans branch. Even if there is an increase in service the arrival of the 350/4s should be able to replace them. Does anyone know the present situation; are they almost all out of use, or do they all cycle round in turn on to the St Albans diagram? And where are the ones that are out of use stored?

Spirit555

That 319 shown in the above picture is 319380. It's only just visible from passing trains. If nothing blocking view only side numbers can be obtained. I saw 319378 in Liverpool still with Northern last month and I believe 319364 is at Long Marston.

HTH

Mark

221101 Voyager

Established Member
Presumably with the present limited service the 319s no longer work on the 'main line', only on the St Albans branch. Even if there is an increase in service the arrival of the 350/4s should be able to replace them. Does anyone know the present situation; are they almost all out of use, or do they all cycle round in turn on to the St Albans diagram? And where are the ones that are out of use stored?
I am aware of two 'peak time' diagrams with 319s on

2N73 1630 London Euston to Northampton - 8 car set

2N75 1723 London Euston to Northampton - I believe this is a 12 car set

I think there are some morning services with them but don't know the timings - I'll have a look now.

I found this -

2N10 0649 Northampton to London Euston

Then of course the Abbey line has a 4 car set which is swapped normally every Saturday.

Tring-EUS-Tring Workings -

The above then go back to Euston again.

Really appreciate that. Thank you.
No problem, happy to help.

That 319 shown in the above picture is 319380. It's only just visible from passing trains. If nothing blocking view only side numbers can be obtained. I saw 319378 in Liverpool still with Northern last month and I believe 319364 is at Long Marston.

HTH

Mark
That's not a picture, its a quick diagram to show where the 319 was parked when I last saw it.

Last edited:

Merle Haggard

Established Member
I am aware of two 'peak time' diagrams with 319s on

2N73 1630 London Euston to Northampton - 8 car set

2N75 1723 London Euston to Northampton - I believe this is a 12 car set

I think there are some morning services with them but don't know the timings - I'll have a look now.

Then of course the Abbey line has a 4 car set which is swapped normally every Saturday.

There are a few afternoon workings from Euston to Tring.

Thanks for that; I had assumed, with the considerable reduction in services, that there would be no need to use the 319s.