• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 37 and Class 375.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentish Paul

Just seen a class 37 towing a class 375 waiting at the last signal on the approach to Ashford from the Canterbury line. There were no barrier wagons. Can a class 37 couple directly to a 375 with some sort of adapter?

It left a few minutes after I continued walking. What a fantastic sound. :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Just seen a class 37 towing a class 375 waiting at the last signal on the approach to Ashford from the Canterbury line. There were no barrier wagons. Can a class 37 couple directly to a 375 with some sort of adapter?

It left a few minutes after I continued walking. What a fantastic sound. :D

You'll have seen 37884 operated by Rail Operations Group and, in the near future, to be joined by 37800, these two 'Spanish' 37s have been put back into use by Europhoenix

They have drop-head Dellner couplers and electronic translator equipment in order to control EMU brake and safety systems

Kentish Paul

You'll have seen 37884 operated by Rail Operations Group and, in the near future, to be joined by 37800, these two 'Spanish' 37s have been put back into use by Europhoenix

They have drop-head Dellner couplers and electronic translator equipment in order to control EMU brake and safety systems

Thanks ExRes. I take it by 'Spanish' you mean the ones that went to Spain for the building of their high speed line.

ExRes

Established Member
Thanks ExRes. I take it by 'Spanish' you mean the ones that went to Spain for the building of their high speed line.

Yes indeed, a couple of years ago there was quite a lot of talk about six 37s that had been brought back from Spain and were temporarily resident at Dollands Moor, if I remember rightly 703/714/716/718 were the others and I think they went to DRS, initially at least

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Were those 37's modified for Spanish conditions at all? A few of the AVE lines are built through areas where 40c+ is not uncommon in summer and very dusty/windy too. I certainly hope the cab a/c was working!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Were those 37's modified for Spanish conditions at all? A few of the AVE lines are built through areas where 40c+ is not uncommon in summer and very dusty/windy too. I certainly hope the cab a/c was working!

i assume the mark one air conditioning system was in full use ;)

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Saw the 37884 over the Saxon Street bridge in Bletchley when leaving work. It was quite a nice surprise! :D

dgl

Established Member
I take it the mk1 a/c on the 37 uses sliding glass controls :)

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Sunday? I got a few pictures as it passed Fenny. Looked in good nick
Yup, on Sunday. Have to say, the 375 looked incredibly grimy compared to the 37.

Did the pictures come out well? Light seemed pretty good Sunday from what I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.