• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 442s - Now at the end of the road and to be withdrawn permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleggatta

Does the new cab layout (and braking system) mean a conversion to a Combined power brake controller, or will the two controls remain seperate?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
A combined power & brake controller is the plan I believe.

cjmillsnun

Established Member
Didn't happen on 455s and I don't think it's happened on any of the over Kipe Electric conversions.
The other conversions didn’t require the amount of changes to the braking system required by the 442 works.

theironroad

Established Member
Didn't happen on 455s and I don't think it's happened on any of the over Kipe Electric conversions.

Although the 442 are getting a new desk, I believe that the brake and power controllers are going to remain separate.

VEP3417

i thought it was running about 40 mins late at the moment, any idea if it will stop as planned at brockenhurst, or as its late run straight through

spark001uk

Established Member
i thought it was running about 40 mins late at the moment, any idea if it will stop as planned at brockenhurst, or as its late run straight through
Should run straight through, depending what else is in its path.
Which looking at it, it was just to let the 1438 to Weymouth past, which it will probably be behind now, so yes it should just run through.

VEP3417

Should run straight through, depending what else is in its path.
Which looking at it, it was just to let the 1438 to Weymouth past, which it will probably be behind now, so yes it should just run through.

just my luck, would have been a nice opportunity to take come close up shots if it had stopped :rolleyes:

theironroad

Established Member
Highly unlikely unless there's a fast passenger or something on its tail. At its current lateness I'd reckon it has enough slack to at least arrive Poole about right time.

I notice on RTT that's it's only pathed for 45mph max , so is one of the slowest trains for signallers to deal with without delaying other trains.

spark001uk

Established Member
Highly unlikely unless there's a fast passenger or something on its tail. At its current lateness I'd reckon it has enough slack to at least arrive Poole about right time.
It's just passed Basing on the fast, but 1W67 has caught it up now, so signaller has routed that around it. So it's likely it won't stop at Brock now, and indeed should hit Poole roughly on time.

pompeyfan

Established Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if it avoids Poole and goes straight into Bournemouth depot from Branksome

theironroad

Established Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if it avoids Poole and goes straight into Bournemouth depot from Branksome

Possible if there is a 57 on back today as suggests few posts ago.

However, not sure how suitable the cess would be at branksome to change ends unless of course the 57 has a driver in it already and they sign depot.

VEP3417

sadly my camera malfunctioned meaning i only got one fuzzy shot

what a disaster, i got there early, changed the batteries, took a few test shots, all fine, then when the train came, i had the perfect shot lined up, pressed the button and the screen went black....so i had to turn it off and on again, first time thats happened this year....
i give up..i literally give up trying to get any reasonable photos as it never goes to plan every time :lol::rolleyes::(

heres the photo with a random Christmas tree in the way growing on the side of the line??? just to add insult to injury :lol:

Attachments

• DSCF5773 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF5773 - Copy.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 50

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Some rushed shots at Hounslow of the move - had to dash to the platform it was coming through as just on cue a unit came into the opposite platform and blocked the view. :(

Attachments

• m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 65
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 65
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg