• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 450 — Different First Class Arrangements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Paul

Established Member
Travelling up to Waterloo the other day, I saw a 450 unit that had a small first-class compartment behind the driver's cab at each end, rather than the usual arrangement of one larger compartment in one of the middle carriages. Are all the 450s to be fitted out in this manner, or is this a one-off?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mills444

They are planned to be in this layout when all of the refurbishment work has been completed which will probably take a while

Deepgreen

Established Member
They seem to retaining the same terrible blue dots rather than a proper yellow stripe, except for those units I've seen running with nothing at all applied! Another shambolic livery transition that would have seen heads roll in BR days.

SWRtrain_fan

They seem to retaining the same terrible blue dots rather than a proper yellow stripe, except for those units I've seen running with nothing at all applied! Another shambolic livery transition that would have seen heads roll in BR days.
I think the Desiros will have yellow stripe markings for First Class when they are repainted, like some of the 159s currently with the new livery

TEW

Established Member
Only the first few units got blue dots, the majority have no external First Class markings.

Status
Not open for further replies.