• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 707 to Southeastern Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiltern006

grabrails will probably be done when there's less pressure on training etc, and when they are in full swing they can spare a unit

they remind me of the 465/9s with the orange lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ScotGG

Established Member
Why bother with handrails when the orange on the /9s helps lift the gloomy networker interior seen on the rest of the fleet?

Seriously weird they're going to all this effort for a pretty much new train but leave the rest of the metro fleet trains so tired.

Class 466

Established Member
grabrails will probably be done when there's less pressure on training etc, and when they are in full swing they can spare a unit

they remind me of the 465/9s with the orange lol
They won’t be done

Blue 707009 & 010 are due to work 5Q19 11+04 Gillingham Depot to Grove Park CSD today (02/08/21).

CFRAIL

Agreed. NO Southeastern commuter will get on a 707 and recoil in disgust because the seat covers are SWT ones

A ridiculous waste of money when you see how shabby the Networkers and especially the 376s are, especially as the 707s are currently only a short term solution before a full Networker replacement plan is worked out
I certainly don't know much about this subject etc... but I imagine medium to long term we'll see a full fleet of 707 type trains (or as close a match as possible) to replace the current metro fleet of 376 & 465/66.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Isn’t it silly repainting trains when the railway is going to be completely rebranded soon (GBR)

I wonder if the 700/717 colour scheme (inside and out, including seats) will form the basis of future GBR branded stock? It was a DfT colour scheme for the management contract system, rather than franchise, so it would make sense for the same seating from the 700s to be used on the 707s.

It does mean another exterior rebrand at some point.

dorsetdesiro

I wonder if the 700/717 colour scheme (inside and out, including seats) will form the basis of future GBR branded stock? It was a DfT colour scheme for the management contract system, rather than franchise, so it would make sense for the same seating from the 700s to be used on the 707s.

It does mean another exterior rebrand at some point.

You're probably right. GBR could get a all navy blue livery with the red chopsticks BR logo and white lettering reflecting the union flag. The 700-717 blue seating fabric to be used across all rolling stock perhaps? This'll be interesting to watch how this gets rolled out, with various TOC liveries such as EMR - gonna be messy! The new 810s may debut with the GBR livery from the start. It looks like the 707s are just getting a temporary refresh ahead of a future new GBR livery.

Class 466

Established Member
with minimal progress on the 701's im sure SWR would appreciate having a few spare for the units that won't be leaving anytime soon
With the service cut backs I can imagine it won’t be many that get left behind beyond another 6-12 months.

Goldfish62

Established Member
The new 810s may debut with the GBR livery from the start.
Considering that the Class 810s are currently in build, the legislation to enable the creation of GBR is not going to be passed by parliament until 2023 at the earliest, no decision has yet been made on train branding and the fact that GBR may never happen if there's an early election suggests this probably won't be the case.

Geoff_K

They won’t be done

Blue 707009 & 010 are due to work 5Q19 11+04 Gillingham Depot to Grove Park CSD today (02/08/21).
Popped down to CRY to see them go through, but they were a no show. Turns out the move was cancelled. 5Q19 now scheduled to run on Wednesday 4th.

Last edited:

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Agreed. NO Southeastern commuter will get on a 707 and recoil in disgust because the seat covers are SWT ones

A ridiculous waste of money when you see how shabby the Networkers and especially the 376s are, especially as the 707s are currently only a short term solution before a full Networker replacement plan is worked out
Just occured to me. Maybe this work is required by the ROSCO before the SWR can relinquish their responsibility for them ?. So who is paying for it (apart from the tax payer) ?.

Or does SE view their older trains as not being around for much longer so not worth the effort ?. Regardless of how misguided that would be.

Milo T.K

Just occured to me. Maybe this work is required by the ROSCO before the SWR can relinquish their responsibility for them ?. So who is paying for it (apart from the tax payer) ?.

Or does SE view their older trains as not being around for much longer so not worth the effort ?. Regardless of how misguided that would be.
The networkers from reported insiders are apparently getting something finally done refurb wise to them soon, New livery is gonna be applied to them is a confirmed thing

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
The networkers from reported insiders are apparently getting something finally done refurb wise to them soon, New livery is gonna be applied to them is a confirmed thing

Doubt anyone will be doing much with livery in the next few months with GBR looming.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Doubt anyone will be doing much with livery in the next few months with GBR looming.
We had this conversation only a few months ago on this thread when people were adamant that the 707s wouldn't be re-liveried.

The fact is GBR isn't exactly looming, given the earliest legislation will be passed is 2023.

Geoff_K

Success! Passing Crayford. Sorry about the quality, I only have a little 'point and shoot'.

1.JPG2.JPG

Last edited:

MotCO

Established Member

The 707's are probably being reliveried so that SouthEastern can announce them as 'new trains' - they could hardly announce them as new if they wore a tatty livery and the seat covers were dirty.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
We had this conversation only a few months ago on this thread when people were adamant that the 707s wouldn't be re-liveried.

The fact is GBR isn't exactly looming, given the earliest legislation will be passed is 2023.

I'm just saying it won't be a huge priority, although that decision still remains somewhat down to the TOC for the moment.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I'm just saying it won't be a huge priority, although that decision still remains somewhat down to the TOC for the moment.
Yes, we'll have to see. Of course, the cost of reliverying a train must be a fraction of the cost of the Treasury bailing out the railways on a daily basis.

MotCO

Established Member

TRAX

Established Member
The yellow ruins it, though. Especially the way it’s been applied.

Socanxdis

I can't believe SE already got them in their colours so fast and SWR still have most trains in the previous franchise livery.

Class360/1

I think blue and yellow, as colours, go well together. I think the issue here is that the sloping sides at the front should have been blue rather than yellow - the yellow makes it look a bit deformed.
I agree

Recessio

The way they've applied the yellow makes it look a bit like the front of some of the Networkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.