• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 707 to Southeastern Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fincra5

Established Member
Great work putting in pointless seat covers in SE blue now there's no franchise.

Thankfully the 465s are all in sparking condition and didn't need that money.
It's not like the SE colour scheme is going to change after the 16th October...

Mikey C

Established Member
The 465’s are worn out
Nothing that a proper refurb wouldn't sort out. The older SWR/Southern 455s are in far better condition internally, but the 465s have been left to rot

The 376s aren't in great nick either

Wolfie

Established Member
The 465’s are worn out
Methinks that there was more than a tad of sarcasm in the post that you replied to

Nothing that a proper refurb wouldn't sort out. The older SWR/Southern 455s are in far better condition internally, but the 465s have been left to rot

Agreed.

Last edited:

MatthewRead

On Moderation

The SWR 455's aren't all very clean and the Southern 455's if anything are much worse!

theking

credit to dan sullivan on Facebook

so they do have southeastern seats... this was 012
What on earth is the point of one seat there.

They should put two in, completely pointless having all that space with no grab poles or ceiling handles.

They'd probably get more people in with another seat and standees in the aisle

Goldfish62

Established Member
What on earth is the point of one seat there.

They should put two in, completely pointless having all that space with no grab poles or ceiling handles.

They'd probably get more people in with another seat and standees in the aisle
It was specified by SWT and I agree that it's pointless.

Sutton in Ant

Well, the Southern 455's needs to be taken out of service as it is way too old for its liking. I know that SWR 455's are heading to the knackers yard and Southern's 455 needs to do the same.

Well, the Southern 455's needs to be taken out of service as it is way too old for its liking. I know that SWR 455's are heading to the knackers yard and Southern's 455 needs to do the same.
Indeed. In fact both the 313s and 455s at Southern are both far too old and knackered to still be in service. The 707s really should have gone to Southern to replace the 313s and 455s rather than going to Southeastern who have plenty of 465s and 466s which still have quite a few more years left in them. This is yet another silly rolling stock transfer.

43102EMR

Established Member
Indeed. In fact both the 313s and 455s at Southern are both far too old and knackered to still be in service. The 707s really should have gone to Southern to replace the 313s and 455s rather than going to Southeastern who have plenty of 465s and 466s which still have quite a few more years left in them. This is yet another silly rolling stock transfer.
I’m not sure whether the 707 lease was tendered off between operators, but otherwise I’ve not seen Southern necessarily rushing to lease them…

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
I’m not sure whether the 707 lease was tendered off between operators, but otherwise I’ve not seen Southern necessarily rushing to lease them…
It wasn't SWR didn't have them in their franchise bid so once DofT accepted it a new home had to be found for 707's and as SE needed more stock solved a problem for them. Without going off topic it was daft decision by DofT in the first place but given the dilapidated state of the metro 465's at least SE passengers can enjoy some quick improvements as it seems unlikely any other new stock will be coming anytime soon. Perhaps OLR will get the funds to at least give the metro fleet a heavy refurb.

Class 466

Established Member
I’m not sure how 30 707s would work the 42 455 diagrams a day as well as the 16 313 diagrams…

ScotGG

Established Member
It obviously won't immediately but in time a new brand/colour scheme will emerge.

Then it'll be all change again.

Goldfish62

Established Member
It obviously won't immediately but in time a new brand/colour scheme will emerge.
Will it? The only reason VTEC changed to LNER was because the Virgin brand obviously couldn't be used. Northern has stayed as Northern with only the logo changing style because the old one used an Arriva-specific typeface.

Aictos

Established Member
I’m not sure how 30 707s would work the 42 455 diagrams a day as well as the 16 313 diagrams…
I agree, there's nowhere near enough Class 707s to do the above and that isn't even counting the various infrastructure issues on both the East Coastway and West Coastway.

Fincra5

Established Member

Why? There's no need.

As pointed out Northern's colour scheme remained the same, just slightly altered Logo.

Established Member
Sorry if I have missed it (in the 37 pages, it's very easy to) but does anyone know what driver depots are signing the new 707s? Is it just Grove Park or are there other depots (planned or otherwise) going to sign them?

Class 466

Established Member
Sorry if I have missed it (in the 37 pages, it's very easy to) but does anyone know what driver depots are signing the new 707s? Is it just Grove Park or are there other depots (planned or otherwise) going to sign them?
Believe it’ll be all the metro depots/any that sign 376s. Could be wrong though.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

Not necessarily - wouldn't be long until GBR by that point and actually Southeastern's 'blue' is fairly well applied across the network.

CFRAIL

I believe all metro depots as well as Gillingham too.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Not necessarily - wouldn't be long until GBR by that point and actually Southeastern's 'blue' is fairly well applied across the network.
You do not know yet that GBR will be going nationwide blue. Unless you know something we don’t, of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.