• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 707 to Southeastern Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
I saw a 707 on Southeastern duties in its SWR colour scheme last week. Hadn't realised they were letting them out to run around before the repaints/rewraps.

The red ones are being used for training.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Nothing wrong with that image. Lets see how much of this new stuff is still going after 45 years!
Well the rate we’re going I’d doubt the 707s will even be with SE in 10 years time considering many reliable young fleets are being replaced or taken out of service far too early these days.

brad465

Established Member
Well the rate we’re going I’d doubt the 707s will even be with SE in 10 years time considering many reliable young fleets are being replaced or taken out of service far too early these days.
Yes I wouldn't be surprised if the fleet ordered to replace the Networkers also acts to replace 376s and 707s as well for future ease of maintenance, driver training and diagramming. There's already some discontent about how the 707s only came/are coming to SE to avoid the embarrassment of having a fleet only a few years old sitting dormant.

Goldfish62

Established Member
We're in a somewhat different world than before March 2020.

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
Yes I wouldn't be surprised if the fleet ordered to replace the Networkers also acts to replace 376s and 707s as well for future ease of maintenance, driver training and diagramming. There's already some discontent about how the 707s only came/are coming to SE to avoid the embarrassment of having a fleet only a few years old sitting dormant.
I suspect you will be waiting a while before you see the back of the 376/707.

Mind you perhaps SE should offer to take the 701's off SWR hands as they seem more than capable of getting new trains into service. 8-)

The_Train

Established Member
001 and 029 seemed to have snuck into SE land - do we know if they have been City Beamed?

Stephen42

001 and 029 seemed to have snuck into SE land - do we know if they have been City Beamed?
Yes they are already in the CityBeam livery. I think they moved across October 16th 5Z20 Waterloo to Grove Park CSD via Orpington and probably entered passenger service week commencing 1st November.

03_179

Established Member
No but I know what's being moved but unfortunately I can't say what I've been told is planned.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
No but I know what's being moved but unfortunately I can't say what I've been told is planned.
Reminds me - how old are the 455s ?.

But I would have thought the 707s would have fitted better on South Central as there are more 700s to share the experienced staff with. Especially if the conspiracy to remove Thameslink from SE were to become a reality. [/speculation]

Mollman

Established Member
Depends how frugal GBR will be given we are now in the "cost cutting" railway. They might order just enough new units to get by unless they can see a benefit in cascading 707s elsewhere. [Apologies mods for going off topic a bit].

Juniper Driver

Established Member
They've scrubbed up nicely inside as well.

SE are using the side displays to their full potential, showing all calling points, updating as the train progresses.
Nice to see they are doing well…Haven't been on one for a month now.I learn't them in Nov 2017.

The_Train

Established Member
Yes they are already in the CityBeam livery. I think they moved across October 16th 5Z20 Waterloo to Grove Park CSD via Orpington and probably entered passenger service week commencing 1st November.
Thank you :)

Pep and co

Can anyone confirm the status of 707007, 010 and 022 please. I'm due to be in London tomorrow for couple of hours and hope to nab a ride on these units.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.