• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Is that another name for Doncaster (St James' Bridge) station. which was only ever used for ticket collection on the major race day at Doncaster?

Ignoro, o Domine; Dewickus ineptias loquitur (or: falling into my usual trap...): I'd reckon, one to strike out, and go back to Square 1 !

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
then Wombwell Central (I hope)

That is correct and it is after that station that we take the junction that leads us on to the next line of this journey, the SYR Blackburn Valley line, where the first closed station we will meet is that of.....

Dovecliffe

******************************************************************************************************************

OBSERVATION

Just to clarify matters, as a result of this, there would have been no need to call at either Stairfoot or Barnsley Court House, as have been posted.