• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I think that after Clifton Road......

We should take the Bradley Wood branch to:

Bradley
OBSERVATION

That is quite feasible, but is the lesser known of two routes, so when I designed this particular journey, I did not want to make matters too difficult.
Howsoever, in this particular instance, the journey should follow that stated route of the journey preamble which does state:-
A) ... via Cooper Bridge
B) ... Manchester and Leeds Railway

I do have a query to raise as it does appear that after Cooper Bridge (on the Manchester and Leeds Railway) was correctly posted, the closed station of Mirfield (1st station...1845-1866) appears to have been overlooked, and it was after that we would have accessed the closed LNWR station of Bradley.

Calthrop

Established Member
There was another closed station prior to that one
(Above -- re Godley Toll Bar)

LET US BACK_TRACK TO THE LAST CORRECT POSTING......Which was Ashton Park Parade

Dukinfield Central

As mentioned, I find this particular patch a great "headache" (for one thing, it seems to be on the peripheries of all the maps -- matching-up, a great struggle !).

Trying again, with considerable misgivings -- after Dukinfield Central, reversing at Guide Bridge: next closed station Hyde North aka Hyde Junction?

Last edited: