• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 946 :: Loco Hauled Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I tried to upload a photo but it's saying that the size of the file that I uploaded is too large (it was taken with the same camera as all of my others and uploaded the same way). What did I do wrong?

Crossover

Established Member
Decrease the size of the image you upload. I have found that even though sometimes it will work, others it won't and reducing the file size usually seems to sort it

Crossover

Established Member
Use an image editing program. At a basic level, MS Paint. I believe Irfanview is also a good one. I occasionally use Photoshop if I have my laptop to hand

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Ah, I don't have one of those. I will just upload a different photo instead.

Thanks for the help anyway!

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
May I ask what the definition is here please? Are we talking loco's hauling coaches or just loco's hauling anything with wheels on (wagons etc)?

getpaint.net - Paint.net is a fabulous free program for doing basic edits. I do 90% of my bitmap image editing with it.

You might be able to get round the filesize limit by simply going to File > Save As,
type a different filename (so as you keep the original), choose JPEG as the file type, then click [Save]. A box will pop up asking you what quality you want to use, and the file size produced by using that quality setting will be shown at the top of the box, in the middle. Get it just below the limit, and ta-da!

If thats not enough, you need to physically reduce the size of the image through:
= File > Open and choose the file
= Image > Resize
= You can then choose the size of the image

Then follow the instructions above with regard to Save As... and generating a new JPEG file, making sure that the filesize is under the limit.

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
I haven't uploaded one this time, however Quinn will have lots when he does his photo only trip report...

Status
Not open for further replies.