• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cornish bus operators (excluding First Kernow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

83G/84D

Established Member
I saw what looked like a white and maroon Wright bodied Gemini heading through Camborne this morning. It was only brief glimpse but that’s what it appeared to be.

Anyone know if any operators have anything remotely matching my description?

Roselyn didn’t generally get down to the Camborne area so wouldn’t normally expect it to belong to them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
I saw what looked like a white and maroon Wright bodied Gemini heading through Camborne this morning. It was only brief glimpse but that’s what it appeared to be.

Anyone know if any operators have anything remotely matching my description?

Roselyn didn’t generally get down to the Camborne area so wouldn’t normally expect it to belong to them.
Williams acquired a couple of Geminis a few weeks ago. I don’t know what Colours or details, was told verbally when they arrived.

83G/84D

Established Member
Williams acquired a couple of Geminis a few weeks ago. I don’t know what Colours or details, was told verbally when they arrived.

Thanks I will see what I can find out in the next few days.

Update 27th June 2022:-

I have identified one of the Gemini's as LX05 FCF new to London General as WVL 166. Afterwards it passed to Selwyns and was latterly with Horseferry of West London.

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
This afternoon a bulldozer was demolishing the remnants of the old Mounts Bay Coaches premises beside the dual carriageway on the outskirts of Penzance.

GBM

Just wondering whether Mounts Bay coaches have moved into into the GoCornwall yard and using their facilities, or if they now have a new depot somewhere?

Goldfish62

Established Member
Just wondering whether Mounts Bay coaches have moved into into the GoCornwall yard and using their facilities, or if they now have a new depot somewhere?
Last time I looked they were still in a field off Jelbert Way.

farwest

I regretfully got the 1045 31 from St. Austell to Luxulyan today, a Travel Cornwall service. There was a display above the driver cycling between the time and temperature. The temperature rose to 40.3 C and I am sure warmer at the rear. The driver had a fan blasting away. It seems strange with all the regulations that a new bus can be allowed in service without opening windows. I will avoid those buses in future. WX71 KBO a Mercedes was the vehicle.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I regretfully got the 1045 31 from St. Austell to Luxulyan today, a Travel Cornwall service. There was a display above the driver cycling between the time and temperature. The temperature rose to 40.3 C and I am sure warmer at the rear. The driver had a fan blasting away. It seems strange with all the regulations that a new bus can be allowed in service without opening windows. I will avoid those buses in future. WX71 KBO a Mercedes was the vehicle.
I'm surprised such vehicles don't come fitted with aircon as standard.

GBM

Uses more fuel. More work for engineers to fix.
Shortage of engineers as well as drivers.
A few vehicles came with aircon but aircon isn't a requirement for service work, so that system wasn't fixed/topped up, etc, and thus became disabled.

83G/84D

Established Member

I rode on a OTS bus on service 42 recently on a rather hot day. The bus was a Mercedes Benz sprinter type with no windows that could be opened. The driver said the roof skylights could only be opened for an emergency so I had to suffer the heat for an hour or so.

farwest

I should think the extra cost when ordering one of these vehicles with a couple of sliding window vents with be miniscule. Just cheap and cheerful and passenger unfriendly.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
A Royal Buses, St Ives Dart with reg ending NTX was parked outside the Admiral Benbow Inn on Chapel Street in Penzance this afternoon: possibly a wedding reception job? Never seen any of their buses in PZ before.

greengrey

Just driven past MX06YXJ, I think in all white livery, on its way up the Penzance by-pass to the Heamor roundabout. Anyone know who owns it now? Possibly Mounts Bay as it was in the right place at the right time schools work.

83G/84D

Established Member
A white Dart KU02 YUD seen on the A30 in west Cornwall believed to be transporting farm workers.

83G/84D

Established Member
In a recruiting video posted on social media by OTS a white Iveco minibus was visible carrying registration GO23 OTS.

Hopefully it will be out in service sometime next month.

richw

Veteran Member
In a recruiting video posted on social media by OTS a white Iveco minibus was visible carrying registration GO23 OTS.

Hopefully it will be out in service sometime next month.
Ben Moore advertised it for sale on Facebook last week. Looking at the post in the go Cornwall thread by @DaveHarries looks like some OTS services withdrawn

DaveHarries

Established Member
Ben Moore advertised it for sale on Facebook last week. Looking at the post in the go Cornwall thread by @DaveHarries looks like some OTS services withdrawn
The 65 is withdrawn but the 67 continues to run. The score with the 35 is confusing though. As for GO23 OTS I think that has to be the only time I have heard of an operator buying a new bus only to dispose of it without the vehicle entering service!

Dave

83G/84D

Established Member
The 65 is withdrawn but the 67 continues to run. The score with the 35 is confusing though. As for GO23 OTS I think that has to be the only time I have heard of an operator buying a new bus only to dispose of it without the vehicle entering service!

Dave

It’s a 23 registration so couldn’t be used before March though?

Or was it first registered with OTS?

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I'd like to remind everyone that posts should be accessible and that links to any external sources should be included (including private Facebook groups - someone might want to join after all).

If you absolutely insist on posting a screenshot, any text contained within the image should be transcribed and posted within quote tags.

83G/84D

Established Member
The latest "Notices and proceedings" from the Traffic Commisssioners dated 9th March features the following for Travel Cornwall / Summercourt Travel:-

Notices and proceedings for the west of England 2898 (publishing.service.gov.uk)
Section 3.1 – Registration of New Services

PH1011427/103 SUMMERCOURT TRAVEL LTD, THE OLD COACH GARAGE, ST. AUSTELL STREET, SUMMERCOURT, NEWQUAY, TR8 5DR From: Pelynt Chuch To: East Looe Surgery Via: West Wayland Holiday Park Name or No.: 428A Service type: Limited Stop / Hail & Ride Effective date: 03 April 2023 Other details: Monday to Friday during school holidays only

Section 3.3 – Applications to Vary Existing Services

PH1011427/91 SUMMERCOURT TRAVEL LTD, THE OLD COACH GARAGE, ST. AUSTELL STREET, SUMMERCOURT, NEWQUAY, TR8 5DR Operating between East Looe (Bridge) and Summercourt, London Inn given service number 428 effective from 03 April 2023. To amend Timetable.

PH1011427/88 SUMMERCOURT TRAVEL LTD, THE OLD COACH GARAGE, ST. AUSTELL STREET, SUMMERCOURT, NEWQUAY, TR8 5DR Operating between Lostwithiel, Cott Road and St Austell Bus and Rail Station given service number 28 effective from 03 April 2023. To amend Route and Timetable.

PH1011427/61 SUMMERCOURT TRAVEL LTD, THE OLD COACH GARAGE, ST. AUSTELL STREET, SUMMERCOURT, NEWQUAY, TR8 5DR Operating between Polruan and Looe/Bodmin given service number 481 / 482 effective from 03 April 2023. To amend Timetable. 12

PH1011427/55 SUMMERCOURT TRAVEL LTD, THE OLD COACH GARAGE, ST. AUSTELL STREET, SUMMERCOURT, NEWQUAY, TR8 5DR Operating between Truro, Lemon Quay and Truro, Lemon Quay given service number 494 / 495 effective from 03 April 2023. To amend Timetable.

PH1011427/101 SUMMERCOURT TRAVEL LTD, THE OLD COACH GARAGE, ST. AUSTELL STREET, SUMMERCOURT, NEWQUAY, TR8 5DR Operating between St Austell Bus and Rail Station and Luxulyan School given service number 31 effective from 03 April 2023. To amend Route and Timetable.

PH1011427/90 SUMMERCOURT TRAVEL LTD, THE OLD COACH GARAGE, ST. AUSTELL STREET, SUMMERCOURT, NEWQUAY, TR8 5DR Operating between St. Austell Bus/ Rail Station and Veryan, Pendower Road given service number 51 effective from 03 April 2023. To amend Timetable.

PH1011427/84 SUMMERCOURT TRAVEL LTD, THE OLD COACH GARAGE, ST. AUSTELL STREET, SUMMERCOURT, NEWQUAY, TR8 5DR Operating between St. Austell, South Street. and Gorran Haven Car Park. given service number 23 effective from 03 April 2023. To amend Timetable.

317 forever

Established Member
I was in Cornwall just over a week ago. I was already aware that the £5 day fare is valid on Hopleys, OTS and Travel Cornwall services in addition to First Kernow and Go Cornwall Bus.

I wonder whether the routes run by those independents are commercial or sub-contracted to them by Go Cornwall Bus?

In St Ives I saw local routes run by St Ives Bus Company. I didn't try using any but I doubted my £5 ticket would be valid on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.