• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cornish bus operators (excluding First Kernow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlberry

Established Member
I was told that they are expecting an E200 MX13 BAO which was ex Newport, with more to follow.
I have it as with South Wales Transport. Other than minibuses (and an ex demo electric bus) I'm not aware Newport have anything as new as a 13 plate and certainly cant afford to lose them!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
2 are from Ireland possibly via Ensign. The 5th identity is unknown to me as yet but seems will be this one

Thanks, as Ensign in's and out's are published it may be possible to deduce what is coming.

83G/84D

Established Member
I have it as with South Wales Transport. Other than minibuses (and an ex demo electric bus) I'm not aware Newport have anything as new as a 13 plate and certainly cant afford to lose them!

Well I was in the right area wasn't I?!

83G/84D

Established Member
RIL 4570 a red E200 of Summercourt/ Travel Cornwall in Truro on service 497. It looked like one of the ex Regal Busways examples.

83G/84D

Established Member
Mounts Bay Coaches have an Optare Solo! It is already in fleet colours and has one of their cherished registration plates (5049 VC) so I have no idea where it has come from. I believe this is the first of the type it has operated.

richw

Veteran Member
Mounts Bay Coaches have an Optare Solo! It is already in fleet colours and has one of their cherished registration plates (5049 VC) so I have no idea where it has come from. I believe this is the first of the type it has operated.
It’s been here since last summer. They’ve also two big optares one of which was 816SHW in Bristol before

83G/84D

Established Member
It’s been here since last summer. They’ve also two big optares one of which was 816SHW in Bristol before

I wasn't aware the Solo had been with them so long as I am down that way most months at some point, wonder where it's been hiding? Any idea on previous identity?

richw

Veteran Member
I wasn't aware the Solo had been with them so long as I am down that way most months at some point, wonder where it's been hiding? Any idea on previous identity?

current fleet list posted by one of their drivers on Facebook last week:

OXI 632- Ceatano Optimo
OXI 626-Vanhool T9 B10m
OXI 726-Vanhool T9 B10m
XIL 4290-Vanhool T8 B10
OXI 725- Optare Tempo
5049 VC- Optare Solo
OXI 538- Iveco Iris Bus
X423 KAU- Alx400 B7tl
YX08 HGE-Merc Vario
YK55 AUN-BMC Condor

83G/84D

Established Member
current fleet list posted by one of their drivers on Facebook last week:

OXI 632- Ceatano Optimo
OXI 626-Vanhool T9 B10m
OXI 726-Vanhool T9 B10m
XIL 4290-Vanhool T8 B10
OXI 725- Optare Tempo
5049 VC- Optare Solo
OXI 538- Iveco Iris Bus
X423 KAU- Alx400 B7tl
YX08 HGE-Merc Vario
YK55 AUN-BMC Condor

Thanks, B7TL looks like it has been re-registered. I think it was OXI 630.

richw

Veteran Member
Thanks, B7TL looks like it has been re-registered. I think it was OXI 630.
I’m led to believe it’s due to be sold to A2B Newquay but covid postponed as its replacement is up country somewhere waiting collection

Brooke

Hi all, very interesting reading across all the Cornish threads (for someone who now lives abroad). All the discussion got me wondering: do Zoar Motors still run a few buses & what do they have these days if so? Are they affected by the TFC and schools tenders?

co-tr-paul

Hi all, very interesting reading across all the Cornish threads (for someone who now lives abroad). All the discussion got me wondering: do Zoar Motors still run a few buses & what do they have these days if so? Are they affected by the TFC and schools tenders?
Drove past a couple of weeks back. Mainly ex Plymouth Darts in the yard for school work on the Lizard. I'm sure someone else on here can give better details.

richw

Veteran Member
Drove past a couple of weeks back. Mainly ex Plymouth Darts in the yard for school work on the Lizard. I'm sure someone else on here can give better details.
None of their fleet meet the 1998 age limit so will be interesting to see what happens.
I gather wheel Briton lost all their work

Brooke

None of their fleet meet the 1998 age limit so will be interesting to see what happens.
I gather wheel Briton lost all their work
Thanks all! Interesting they still have the Darts, I remember those being there last time I was in Cornwall four or five years ago. Zoar always seemed to have the oldest buses around even when I was a kid and had to travel on them. It makes me think of another Q but probably for the Kernow forum!

Kernow Dave

They currently have 2 ex Plymouth Bus Darts, Dart East Lancs EL2000, a Volvo Jonckheere Deauville, previously with Hopley Coaches, a Volvo Premiere previously with OTS. They also have a long wheel Transit minibus and a Mercedes Plaxton Beaver which has never seen service here.

Brooke

Interesting to know, thanks! Jockheere sounds exotic for Zoar but if it’s ex-Hopley I think I know the one.

richw

Veteran Member
Spotted this liskeard and district flag on my daily walk. The bottom sticker was for Lisk Link. I have little knowledge of either

Attachments

• B636E78C-17D3-4653-A2D0-657A1724EA29.jpeg
    B636E78C-17D3-4653-A2D0-657A1724EA29.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Spotted this liskeard and district flag on my daily walk. The bottom sticker was for Lisk Link. I have little knowledge of either

Liskeard and District appeared with some modern fleet, filling the space between First vacating that area and Western Greyhound entering the fray so in the early 2000s.

Don’t know how they ended or when. Sorry

Kernow Dave

As I recall they started in early 2001, The Liskeard & District Omnibus Co. The company was dissolved in May 2016.

I'm not sure of all the services but certainly a Liskeard-Looe/Polperro service. I think that they had 3 Dennis Dart SLF/Alexander, BLOTW records Y263KNB registered April 2004, so my dates may be out. My hazy memory seems to think that there was two W reg Darts as well. They were in dealer white with an impressive looking logo.

richw

Veteran Member
I’ve seen photos of an odd looking Peugeot boxer type van conversion with tri axle

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I think that they had 3 Dennis Dart SLF/Alexander, BLOTW records Y263KNB registered April 2004, so my dates may be out. My hazy memory seems to think that there was two W reg Darts as well. They were in dealer white with an impressive looking logo.

With that registration, I suspect they were sourced via Cheshire Coach and Bus (which later became Mistral) so yeah, dealer white!

richw

Veteran Member
I’ve spent a short time googling them now, found the following:

Optare Alero VU02TTV blinded 281 pensilva via st cleer photo on a stop in Looe,

Dart W921JNF blinded 281 dobwalls and Trago Mills.

Wadham stringer dart L778XCV blinded 77 Plymouth via saltash

Dart S782RNE blinded 100 Liskeard via polperro and Looe

Dart W922JNF blinded 281 Looe parked on Liskeard parade. The photo description says hire from mistral

Sprinter WK02XLO in corlink on demand service Branding

Transit. M876DDS blinded 274 menheniot

Vito SJ54ULP photo’d at showbus sept 2004 so a 54 plate would be 3 weeks old at most!

LDV SF07KFZ blinded 281, no destination

Alx200 Y263KNB blinded 281 pensilva,

Peugeot P107WJO blind 277 town service, curious about this unusual bus, also P106WJO out of service https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnm...9SC-wZ9jXj-74DFbc-kcGTNK-tB3YEu-wjTyMs-xeAoxY

The 281 appears to have gone everywhere!

Kernow Dave

I’ve spent a short time googling them now, found the following:

Optare Alero VU02TTV blinded 281 pensilva via st cleer photo on a stop in Looe,

Dart W921JNF blinded 281 dobwalls and Trago Mills.

Wadham stringer dart L778XCV blinded 77 Plymouth via saltash

Dart S782RNE blinded 100 Liskeard via polperro and Looe

Dart W922JNF blinded 281 Looe parked on Liskeard parade. The photo description says hire from mistral

Sprinter WK02XLO in corlink on demand service Branding

Transit. M876DDS blinded 274 menheniot

Vito SJ54ULP photo’d at showbus sept 2004 so a 54 plate would be 3 weeks old at most!

LDV SF07KFZ blinded 281, no destination

Alx200 Y263KNB blinded 281 pensilva,

Peugeot P107WJO blind 277 town service, curious about this unusual bus, also P106WJO out of service https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnm...9SC-wZ9jXj-74DFbc-kcGTNK-tB3YEu-wjTyMs-xeAoxY

The 281 appears to have gone everywhere!
Thanks for that, it does bring back memories. But I can't say that I ever recall seeing the Peugeot's, as you say strange bus indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.