• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cornish bus operators (excluding First Kernow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB162435

Established Member
OTS latest arrival is WV20 KZK, seen here on the 14:03 69 service from Mylor Bridge to Falmouth Moor last Saturday

Saturday was apparently its second day in service, more arrivals are expected late June/early July

Attachments

• 2020-05-30_03-36-59.jpg
    2020-05-30_03-36-59.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 63
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
OTS Optare Solo 239 TRL was out on driver training / route learning duties in the Helston area yesterday and Camborne today.

83G/84D

Established Member
Bustimes now have registration LN20 PVL shown under OTS although no type shown. They are due some new buses so this could be one. No photo's on Flickr and no trace of the registration on BLOTW (Bus lists on the web). It was apparently out briefly on Monday but not since.

MB162435

Established Member
Bustimes now have registration LN20 PVL shown under OTS although no type shown. They are due some new buses so this could be one. No photo's on Flickr and no trace of the registration on BLOTW (Bus lists on the web). It was apparently out briefly on Monday but not since.
Was mentioned on Facebook that OTS were expecting more deliveries late June/early July, haven't seen any news about new deliveries, but would be a good chance it was a recent delivery about the time they were expecting them

carlberry

Established Member
Reg shows as a Mercedes Sprinter in white.

83G/84D

Established Member
An OTS liveried Optare Solo KX55 RYY seen today at Roselyn premises in St Blazey. I don't know if this is 239 TRL back to it's original registration or something else. Interestingly though "bustimes" no longer show any Solo's in the fleet list for OTS.

MB162435

Established Member
An OTS liveried Optare Solo KX55 RYY seen today at Roselyn premises in St Blazey. I don't know if this is 239 TRL back to it's original registration or something else. Interestingly though "bustimes" no longer show any Solo's in the fleet list for OTS.
Believe they only took over 53814 from Kernow, saw it leaving Truro Bus Station yesterday, although not sure what it was doing in Truro

83G/84D

Established Member
Believe they only took over 53814 from Kernow, saw it leaving Truro Bus Station yesterday, although not sure what it was doing in Truro

They also had a Solo registered 239 TRL in addition to the ex First Kernow example but I don’t know it’s previous registration.

MB162435

Established Member
They also had a Solo registered 239 TRL in addition to the ex First Kernow example but I don’t know it’s previous registration.
Not sure either, never really followed OTS operations until TfC came about

richw

Veteran Member

they run the 66 daily, mid afternoon I believe or is that Summercourt travel?

MB162435

Established Member
they run the 66 daily, mid afternoon I believe or is that Summercourt travel?
Summercourt Travel does the 66, only had one driver in it and Transport for Cornwall on the destination display, came in and left so didn't look like it was doing service work or route learning

richw

Veteran Member
Just passed ex Jacketts dart BU05HDO in Glynn valley. It was heading west on trade plates. Not sure who’s acquired it but can safely say a Cornish operator

83G/84D

Established Member
Travel Cornwall (Summercourt) have received an additional Mercedes Benz / Mellor Strata this week. Registration is LT68 AOC, still needs to be prepared for service including painting ( currently white) so unlikely to enter service for a while.

cnjb8

Established Member
Travel Cornwall (Summercourt) have received an additional Mercedes Benz / Mellor Strata this week. Registration is LT68 AOC, still needs to be prepared for service including painting ( currently white) so unlikely to enter service for a while.
Former Reays in Cumbria

83G/84D

Established Member
It was reported on social media (facebook) yesterday by OTS that they will have a Mercedes Benz I-city minibus on trial next week. I am struggling to post a link but the photo shows a white minibus with registration CK70 LVX.

cnjb8

Established Member
It was reported on social media (facebook) yesterday by OTS that they will have a Mercedes Benz I-city minibus on trial next week. I am struggling to post a link but the photo shows a white minibus with registration CK70 LVX.
From Islesbus UK, it's a sprinter conversion like the EVMs

83G/84D

Established Member
Roselyn have a Transbus bodied Enviro 300 on strength. I don't know it's history or previous registration however it now carries cherished registration UFH 377.

richw

Veteran Member
Roselyn have a Transbus bodied Enviro 300 on strength. I don't know it's history or previous registration however it now carries cherished registration UFH 377.
Believed to be SN04EFP

also led to believe Oakleys in Plymouth have bought the Hopleys 55 plate solo once it’s replacement enters service

jammy36

New Optare Solos WK21CKJ & WK21CKL have now arrived at Hopley's Coaches and are due into service this week (only about 9 months late on delivery!). Both in TfC red.

I believe Sumnercourt Travel have also recently received a new Mellor Strata (?Plus) in addition to the five Strata (Ultras) received at OTS late last year.

Accelerator59

I come across a photo of former Stagecoach Dart 34853 GX06 DXB that was with A 2 B Travel in Truro, re-registered to F4 NRL last autumn. Is it still there to this day or has since moved on?

richw

Veteran Member
I come across a photo of former Stagecoach Dart 34853 GX06 DXB that was with A 2 B Travel in Truro, re-registered to F4 NRL last autumn. Is it still there to this day or has since moved on?
Still with them. Or at least was a few weeks ago when I passed it on rail replacement

83G/84D

Established Member
Today on my travels I passed A2B Newquay Volvo B7TL/ Wt Gemini LF02 PVK. New to Arriva London as VLW63, it was latterly with Nightingale Coaches before passing to the Cornish based operator last year I believe.

83G/84D

Established Member
This week noted at Roselyn at Middleway (Par/St Blazey) was Mercedes Benz minibus registration RE17 EYT. It is in a silver paint scheme. I believe it is an EVM bodied Sprinter previously from the London area.

Status
Not open for further replies.