• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coronavirus - TOCs struggling with their reduced timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Couldn’t find any thread already discussing this topic. So I thought it would be good to separate it from other issues affecting trains.

I have noticed since the reduced timetables started on Monday, some TOCs have been struggling more than others with the reduced timetables mainly due to crew shortages.

Has anyone (key workers especially) have encountered issues on their commute?

Has anyone noticed any problems on their local train services since the timetable was bought in response covid-19 ??

(just to note, this thread is only for discussion on train services and TOCs being affected by Covid-19 and any other issue affecting services during this pandemic such as signal failures should be discussed in another thread)

(Any train services that have improved or been enhanced since the reduced timetables were bought in should be discussed here: https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...metable-resulting-in-enhanced-service.202566/)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNER have had to cancel the Inverness and most Aberdeen’s due to lodge issues with the drivers (and tm on the Inverness).
The emergency timetable will be updated from next week to remove all the north of Edinburgh services.
Also from next week Edinburgh and Leeds services will drop to 1tp2h. All to be announced imminently.

RealTrains07

Established Member
From today LNR have made further changes to what was brought in on monday.

1tph liverpool - euston, no longer travels any further than birmingham.

1tph crewe - coventry, no longer runs past new street.

1tph crewe - london via trent valley, no longer runs past rugby.

Still the services can barely run despite no trains to london from the west midlands / north west

Sandy2

WMT are the standout one - their PPM has barely made it above 60% since the emergency timetable came in.

infobleep

Veteran Member
LNER have had to cancel the Inverness and most Aberdeen’s due to lodge issues with the drivers (and tm on the Inverness).
The emergency timetable will be updated from next week to remove all the north of Edinburgh services.
Also from next week Edinburgh and Leeds services will drop to 1tp2h. All to be announced imminently.
I take it other TOCs can get key workers into Edinburgh?

Are there any stations across the county not receiving at service at all right now?

I noticed the Denton to Reddish South services was in the timetable to run on Saturday but surely one that I can't see running.

Status
Not open for further replies.