• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Covid19 mitigation measures and their impacts on the entertainment / hospitality sectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWM

Established Member
Similar round here - seeing anyone else without a mask in Tesco or M&S is very much the exception.

On trains the compliance is far less, with a number of people taking them off once they are sitting down.

Round here, *very rarely* you get someone showing off their face in Tesco late at night, other than that pretty much 100% masked in all the shops for months now :( (well, excluding me).

Not actually been on a train since before the start of 'lockdown 2'. Will probably change that this coming weekend.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 33

Established Member
Whilst I admire his optimism, I think even if social distancing rules are not still in place, if bookmakers were offering odds on masks still being mandatory in June 2021, I’d place the bet now. I hope to god I am wrong, though, because I want a return to seeing smiles and complete faces everywhere. If the mask mandate is still in force, that is going to put off a lot of people, in the same way that wearing a mask for 4h+ will make a train journey from London to Scotland unattractive to some

I really really can't imagine theatres being completely full of audiences all wearing face masks! It will put many people off going to the theatres for 2 to 3 hours having to wear darn face masks for the full duration of the performance! So if come 30th April when theatres reopen and there is still the requirment to wear these darn awful things on our faces in setting such as theatres, then I think theatres are really going to struggle and they're far from out of the woods yet. If this face mask wearing requirement nonsense still drags on past March and with no end date in sight, then I really hope many many businesses such as theatres, cinemas, museums, train operating companies, etc, etc puts pressure on the government to scrap it.

Status
Not open for further replies.