• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country seat reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil G

I tried to buy a ticket from Bristol to Newcastle for a date in November and their own web site says reservations not available in both directions. I've also read that reservation is compulsory so what is going on? Is it simply that they are limiting the number of tickets sold for a particular train? I've a while before I need to book but I've seen how crowded these trains get and I want a reservation!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mugby

Established Member
Reservations are not compulsory, I travelled from Derby to Leeds yesterday morning and returned on the 1811 yesterday evening. I was quite surprised at the number of seats which were showing 'Available', in both directions. I began to think most people have given up reserving!

james60059

This "reservations compulsory" is a load of rubbish. Even when XC and LNER were "reservations compulsory", people were still using bought on-the-day tickets and rovers without reserving - I was one of them - and had no issues whatsoever

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Have a look at new.trainsplit.com. What date and what sort of time do you need to arrive in Newcastle and then leave again?

Status
Not open for further replies.