• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Train Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afternoon everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone else on here who had an interview before Christmas for this role and is still waiting to hear the outcome?

I'm sitting tight, not pestering the recruitment team, (im)patiently waiting with bated breath!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

3b753v

Hopefully you get the job !! , I have a interview soon for the role train manager was wonder if you had any tips on what to expect !! Wish you luck !!

I just applied for the Piccadilly based TM. Position starts at the end of March so in theory it shouldn’t be a case of months waiting to hear.

jimmy712

Ahh cool yeah same here too! Think the advert has closed now so hopefully will hear something soon

Hopefully mate. Does anyone know what they’re doing assessment wise at the minute with Covid?

53168, If you have had an interview does that mean you have already done the assessments?

jimmy712

I’m not sure tbh, I’m at northern now and they do the tests online and then an interview over Microsoft teams so I am guessing it will be similar.

Hopefully mate. Does anyone know what they’re doing assessment wise at the minute with Covid?

53168, If you have had an interview does that mean you have already done the assessments?

Yes I did the assessments in December before my interview. At that time they were done in person at Derby station, not sure how they're doing them now.
I did get an email in the end, sadly not the news I was hoping for.
Best of luck to all you guys who have recently applied.

jack785

Has anyone had any update on that Manchester TM job? I can remember it mentioning on the advert that the planned start date was towards the end of March.

Mine still says ‘application in process’. It did say the start was the end of March so I had thought there would have been some contact by now with most people having a 30 days notice.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
I'm also waiting to hear back for the Manchester TM role. Application in process too.

DMT 0708

I have received confirmation via email that I have been selected to interview. I received that email on 23rd February and there are approximately 15 people being interviewed with interviews expected to last until mid March

I have no idea how many positions are available though?

DMT 0708

They are conducting them using Microsoft teams. Do you have any idea how many positions there are?

Available

Least that saves a trip to Derby! Did they mention how they would be doing the assessments?

I have no idea how many positions there are unfortunately. They might not even know until they interview for the trainee train driver job at the same location as I imagine a lot of train managers will have applied for it which would in turn open up more positions.

DMT 0708

If they deem your interview to be successful there are psychometric tests to be completed before a position is offered. They have not informed myself when that could take place

STUMPY1877

I had the assessment in Derby in December. Interview on teams in January. For Birmingham First class host or RSM.
They told me in the interview on the Monday that they would let people know the following Friday. That Friday night I emailed them asking as I hadn't heard anything. They emailed back straight away saying, they couldn't notify people as it was out of their control due to a new contract and had to wait for HR and department for transport before they could tell people. They'll let me know ASAP.
That was over two months ago, so I'm assuming I was unsuccessful.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
If they deem your interview to be successful there are psychometric tests to be completed before a position is offered. They have not informed myself when that could take place

Has anyone had any updates regarding the Manchester Piccadilly TM vacancy?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.