• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry Banbury to Fareham Coach J

Status
Not open for further replies.

nervoustravel

Hello!

I'm a very nervous traveller. On Friday 13th August 2021 I'm going to be travelling on the 11.55am CrossCountry service from Banbury to Southampton Central. My reserved seat is in coach J, but while looking at CrossCountry train layouts online I can't find the layout of a J - I assume J is a different letter just renamed for trains with more coaches? If so, what type and letter should I be looking at for this specific service? I only ask because I want to see roughly where my seat would be so I can plan ahead!

As an aside, does anyone know what direction the train will approach from at Banbury/roughly where I should stand on the platform to be near coach J?

Thank you all very much for your time, and apologies for bothering you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hello!
Coach J is part of the formation of a Cross Country train formed of 2x220/221 sets coupled together.

Unfortunately Cross Country Voyagers don't have a set formation, it's not possible to be certain which end of the train coach J will be.

nervoustravel

Hello!
Coach J is part of the formation of a Cross Country train formed of 2x220/221 sets coupled together.

Unfortunately Cross Country Voyagers don't have a set formation, it's not possible to be certain which end of the train coach J will be.
Okay, thankyou very much!

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Presumably, on the day of travel, the info will be known, one way or the other, by the time the train has departed Birmingham New Street.

In which case, how best to find out, so as to avoid any need to dash along the platform when the train calls at Banbury?

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Presumably, on the day of travel, the info will be known, one way or the other, by the time the train has departed Birmingham New Street.

In which case, how best to find out, so as to avoid any need to dash along the platform when the train calls at Banbury?
Cross Country do sometimes post the formation of their trains on their Journey Check page.

Status
Not open for further replies.