• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry strike timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Oh dear… :s

So these services don't appear online in the journey planners for Thursday, also not appearing on Realtimetrains - so the question is are they running or not? XC twitter don't seem so sure either.

It’s been yes/no/yes/no, but the Birmingham - Bristol service is now running on Thursday. Not sure if the times are the same as previously published, but the Correct times will be available tomorrow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jimini

Established Member
Looks like the last northbound service from Reading is at 1915 tomorrow instead of the usual 2113 service, despite it not being a strike day? More than a bit sh*t if so.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Looks like the last northbound service from Reading is at 1915 tomorrow instead of the usual 2113 service, despite it not being a strike day? More than a bit sh*t if so.

it’s also a strike day Saturday…

Jimini

Established Member
it’s also a strike day Saturday…

Yep sure is. Just a bit frustrating, 'tis all! There's a 2019 option from Reading to Coventry that takes over two hours -- changing at Oxford, Banbury and Leamington!

ajp999

No services at all today between Nottingham and Birmingham despite it not being a strike day and only limited services on all other routes.

Established Member
No services at all today between Nottingham and Birmingham despite it not being a strike day and only limited services on all other routes.
Meanwhile EMR manage to run more or less full timetable by mid morning so why can't Cross Country run the Nottingham services. Watched the 1528 ex Derby depart and it seemed to by full and standing up to the doors in standard.

Tomorrow's service is even worse with only the following running:
0845 Derby - York
1045 Derby - York
1332 York - Edinburgh
1245 Derby - York

0944 York - Derby
1003 Edinburgh - York
1244 York - Derby
1444 York - Derby

0810 Southampton - Manchester
1012 Reading - Manchester
1010 Southampton - Manchester
1357 Birmingham - Manchester
1315 Reading - Manchester
1515 Reading - Manchester
1615 Southampton - Reading

0827 Manchester - Reading
0927 Manchester - Reading
1115 Manchester - Southampton
1227 Manchester - Southampton
1327 Manchester - Southampton
1427 Manchester - Reading

DannyMich2018

No trains towards Birmingham from Leicester now so having to use bus. Disgusting. Leicester playing at home tmrw, roads will be mayhem. Trains are a joke at the minute.

Jim

Established Member
And back to no service at all Birmingham to Bristol tomorrow when they were able to run a service during yesterday’s strike. Joy!
Bristol TM signalling workstation is shut it seems, GWR got nothing at BTM either.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Meanwhile EMR manage to run more or less full timetable by mid morning so why can't Cross Country run the Nottingham services. Watched the 1528 ex Derby depart and it seemed to by full and standing up to the doors in standard.

Tomorrow's service is even worse with only the following running:
0845 Derby - York
1045 Derby - York
1332 York - Edinburgh
1245 Derby - York

0944 York - Derby
1003 Edinburgh - York
1244 York - Derby
1444 York - Derby

0810 Southampton - Manchester
1012 Reading - Manchester
1010 Southampton - Manchester
1357 Birmingham - Manchester
1315 Reading - Manchester
1515 Reading - Manchester
1615 Southampton - Reading

0827 Manchester - Reading
0927 Manchester - Reading
1115 Manchester - Southampton
1227 Manchester - Southampton
1327 Manchester - Southampton
1427 Manchester - Reading

No trains towards Birmingham from Leicester now so having to use bus. Disgusting. Leicester playing at home tmrw, roads will be mayhem. Trains are a joke at the minute.
Apparently they don't have the resources to cover the diversions required due to the HS2 block between Landor St and Water Orton.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member

Engineering works. It was always going to be a bus this weekend, strike or not.

Jimini

Established Member

Tonight is fun. I went for the four train option from Reading, but it fell at the first hurdle as the Hereford train (2019) was significantly late leaving Paddington. The staff at Reading very kindly palmed me off by endorsing my ticket to Paddington, despite my protestations about the tube strike. The staff at Paddington then blamed the Reading staff for sending me their way, and suggested that I put in a complaint about them, and simply told me to travel to Euston and claim the cab fare back. Then the 2139 last fast train back up north was cancelled, so I’m now on the 2230 train to our house in Coventry. The original itinerary would have had me there by 2240 or so. This rattler will get me back after midnight.

Just as well I’m not in a rush eh!

DannyMich2018

Engineering works. It was always going to be a bus this weekend, strike or not.
Even last night when services finished on the Birmingham line before 20.00hrs? Lucky there's a good bus service to Hinckley and Nuneaton anyone going beyond Nuneaton to Birmingham would be stuck.

59CosG95

Established Member
Can confirm that XC are running no services on the 1st & 5th of October. They've stated that a "limited service" will be run on the 8th, but as to what that encompasses, I don't yet know.

Mugby

Established Member
Can confirm that XC are running no services on the 1st & 5th of October. They've stated that a "limited service" will be run on the 8th, but as to what that encompasses, I don't yet know.
Well it seems nothing at all ran today (Sat)

I'd also like to know about the 8th because I need to travel from Derby to Bradford via Leeds on that day. As a safety measure, I've booked a seat on a National Express service from Sheffield to Bradford which I might discard if a reasonable train service is operating.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
And what a dismal timetable it is. Is there any reason why there's nothing to or from Bristol on the 8th, even though it's their main line ?

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
And what a dismal timetable it is. Is there any reason why there's nothing to or from Bristol on the 8th, even though it's their main line ?

Because it’s a strike and that route is not open. Freight corridors are prioritised.

Mugby

Established Member
Nothing from Scotland on Sunday 9th, all Southbound services appear to start from York or Leeds. Is that due to engineering works?

Best of luck to anyone who has to spend three hours on a bus travelling down from Edinburgh!

Established Member
Nothing from Scotland on Sunday 9th, all Southbound services appear to start from York or Leeds. Is that due to engineering works?

Best of luck to anyone who has to spend three hours on a bus travelling down from Edinburgh!
Engineering works are taking place around Newcastle most/all week with Cross Country terminating at York today and Friday as well. LNER are also terminating 1 per hour at Darlington with the other going to Scotland via Carlisle on these days.

rapmastaj

OK simple question: can I rely on a Crosscountry train to take me from Leeds to Bristol TM on 22nd December? They are apparently running but given the chance of cancellations atm would I be better just hiring a car?

Starmill

Veteran Member
OK simple question: can I rely on a Crosscountry train to take me from Leeds to Bristol TM on 22nd December? They are apparently running but given the chance of cancellations atm would I be better just hiring a car?
There will be a train at some point that day, but there's every possibility it may not be your preferred one or even a direct service as a result of the overtime ban. Furthermore, there is every possibility that the train will be full and standing if it is following a cancelled service.

If I were you I'd try to make a seat reservation and travel on that train, but then if your service is cancelled you still risk standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.