• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crossrail - operating discussion and opening day 24th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thread for discussion to follow on from the construction thread.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Crowd control in use at Abbey Wood using the side entrance and second barrier line.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I’m at Paddington, loads here. Very few being allowed on to the first train by the looks of things.

Attachments

• FC2FFCC9-89F4-4C73-81CB-8A7FBF3E62F9.jpeg
    FC2FFCC9-89F4-4C73-81CB-8A7FBF3E62F9.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 437

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The Elizabeth Line is now on the status boards of front page of TFL website (currently with status Part Closure)

Not sure why the message only refers to the Paddington- Abbey Wood section, and doesn’t add something like Normal service on remainder of the line

I noticed last night at Kings + it had “Elizabeth line” on the electronic service update board.

Attachments

• 82797963-7CB6-4E95-9ECF-DA91069B0E66.jpeg
    82797963-7CB6-4E95-9ECF-DA91069B0E66.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 338
At 0630, BBC1 "Breakfast" went live ...

... to a chicken farm in Yorkshire.

A fallback because their planned Elizabeth Line coverage fell through, or did they really think that it was too much trouble to get a crew to Paddington or Abbey Wood for a live broadcast?

Wolfie

Established Member
I'd been looking forward to the opening day for this. However, it clashing with planned surgery l had yesterday screwed that up. I will do so vicariously via reports on here - keep them coming please! Ta in advance.

A fallback because their planned Elizabeth Line coverage fell through, or did they really think that it was too much trouble to get a crew to Paddington or Abbey Wood for a live broadcast?
Clucking hell.... lol. I would be amazed if there isn't coverage at some point though.

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

GB News has a live reporter at Paddington, of course not too difficult for them as their main studio is the other side of the station, by Paddington Basin! I was looking out for any forum members in the background.

Wolfie

Established Member
https://twitter.com/geofftech/status/1528971712074768384 Geoff and crowd from the Abbey Wood end, which left a minute late.
Congestion or starting as they intend to go on, lol....

GB News has a live reporter at Paddington, of course not too difficult for them as their main studio is the other side of the station, by Paddington Basin! I was looking out for any forum members in the background.
Not a channel l would ever knowingly view. Thanks for the info though.

Last edited:

popeter45

I knew first few would be packed but hoping it won't be as crammed a few hours later when I actually need to use it for work

dk1

Veteran Member
What a gloriously purple morning to be in London. Shame I’m not there until 12:55 but will go have a peek.

Bessie

Grant Shapps doing the TV interviews this morning but presenters not asking about the Elizabeth line!

gnolife

Established Member
Abbey Wood is an absolute nightmare to connect at today with a paper travelcard- you have to go through both sets of barriers, but it's too short for it to actually work. I had to jump the barrier to make the SE service I wanted

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
The new stations not yet showing in the drop down list when typing them into RTT, but work if you search them anyway.

Jamiescott1

Took the Elizabeth line to work from Paddington to Tottenham Court Road just before 7am.
Ridcilous 1 way system at Paddington, lots of police about and was very quiet

MP33

Where is the brass band and will the invited guests have a cold buffet for lunch, or did this stop around 120 years ago at openings?

jon0844

Veteran Member

I expect they'll do a report later today.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Where is the brass band and will the invited guests have a cold buffet for lunch, or did this stop around 120 years ago at openings?

Along with the distribution of coal to the needy and an ox-roast for the navigators......

Bessie

BBC Breakfast finally got their act together and did a decent programme piece at 7:45. Woolwich was busy but not crazy busy

AM9

Veteran Member
BBC Breakfast finally got their act together and did a decent programme piece at 7:45. Woolwich was busy but not crazy busy
Yesterday, BBC London evening news mentioned that there will be a big article on the Lizzie this evening.

AM9

Veteran Member
I noticed last night at Kings + it had “Elizabeth line” on the electronic service update board.
That will keep the discussion about 'Line' and 'mode's going for another couple of weeks! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.