• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
I'd thought of two totally silly ones -- but they're both one-word names; so folks are spared !

D6130

Established Member
I'd thought of two totally silly ones -- but they're both one-word names; so folks are spared !
Second clue: It's a junction station where a four track main line divides into two double track lines, one of which doesn't have a regular passenger service....but is scheduled to have one in the near future.

duncanp

Established Member
Kings Norton ?

This is the junction for the Camp Hill line via Kings Heath and Moseley, which is due to have passenger services reintroduced in a couple of years time.

duncanp

Established Member
Don't know how long this will last but here goes:-

Don't worry, it'll be all right on the night if you need somewhere to leave the car.

duncanp

Established Member
Norden, the P and R on the Swanage railway; and Denis Norden from ‘It’ll be alright on the night’?

Yes Norden is correct.

Didn't think it would last long, but it was all I could think of on the spur of the moment.

Your turn.

Calthrop

Established Member
Thanks. I'll confess, helped by this very same question and answer, having featured on this quiz at least once in years past <D...

Faithful City butcher, is troubled -- steak price wars worry he.

duncanp

Established Member
Worcestershire Parkway , an anagram of steak price wars worry he

Last edited:

duncanp

Established Member
Next clue

Group of scientists use embedded computer network to determine the perfect location.

Last edited:
Is it Swanage, of the Swanage Railway?

SAGE is a group of scientists. An internal computer network can be known as a LAN (local area network, I think; I bought some LAN cable last week), so possibly WAN may mean something similarly ITish. Anyway, bung them together and you have Swanage.

duncanp

Established Member
Yes Swanage is correct, for the reasons you state.

WAN stands for Wide Area Network.

Your turn.

Calthrop

Established Member
According to the popular calumny, Poles -- and by extension, enthusiasts for Poland -- are a bit dim: please, what's the significance of "powerhouse"?

perryman

Thanks. The 'polish' but I got, as in 'Mr Sheen'. The 'north' was the assumption that 'Sheen' was correct.

Give me a few minutes please, I'll post a clue soon.