• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Thought I'd revive a concept that seems to have died previously on this forum.

You have to guess what the station name is from the clue provided and if you guess correctly then you can post your own. If you can't think of a clue then you can open up the floor for someone else to contribute.

I think the main rule should be to include current UK rail stations (NR, LUL, preserved, trams etc) to give a good source of stations to use.

Here's an example;
Clue: Angry monarch - Answer: Kings Cross

So have a stab at this one. Good luck and enjoy!

Clue: Environmentally friendly clergyman.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Death

Established Member
How the hell did he get that?!?!
I thouht it was quite an easy one! Employees = Staff (Often pronounced "staf" in the Midlands), and a ford is a type of level crossing where the railway line is replaced by a river! :)

I wasn't confident that was the answer though, because of the customers and footbridge bit.
That was just a little bit of "chaff" to complete the sentance in a logical manner. It also hints that the station concerned has a footbridge... :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The flotilla recedes, and operates under many flags
Fleet? :)

Damn, you're good!
The flotilla or Fleet recedes ebbs and operates under many flags International

Had me pondering for a wee while though. Could only think of boats and ships at first.

All my ones seem to be guessed straight away. I think this is my toughest one though....

Walk up that mountain with safety in mind.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Neither I am afraid.

If nobody has it by about 12.00, I'll post a further clue about the description of the goodies themselves. In the meantime, astute Googlers armed with my name might be able to work it out....
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Right, here's a further clue: These sugary, fruity sweets come in a box with a distinctive tree logo on, and the product has been imitated - often poorly - by countless other confectioners...