• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic Towns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Last stop partly there or somewhere in the middle
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Clue

All five letters to this town are identified in the clue

Welshman

Established Member
Nothing for 3 weeks, so let's try to revive this:-

Sounds like a device for cooking chicken in a certain way.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Time for a clue:-

This is a small town in Staffordshire.
The important words in the original clue are:- "Sounds like"

Welshman

Established Member
Yes - Caldron fits the clue!

I did have in mind Rocester, [pronounced "Roaster"], but Caldron is just as good.

Your turn.

Last edited:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Those are very good choices, but think in terms of towns which no longer have a railway to them... You're certainly along the right sort of geographic latitude.

Edited to add - if nobody has it by tomorrow evening 2nd November then I am inclined to award it to one of the above...

OK... no more attempts... the answer was...

Freshwater.

( Place on the Isle of Wight and featured for years as one of the seven wonders of Wight on postcards, Freshwater you cannot drink, Lake you can walk in, and so on... )

Newport was the first offering above which also matches the clues, so it's Buttsy's floor, but if he declares open floor then Welshman should have the opportunity to accept the floor before anyone else.

Last edited:

Welshman

Established Member
OK... no more attempts... the answer was...

Freshwater.

( Place on the Isle of Wight and featured for years as one of the seven wonders of Wight on postcards, Freshwater you cannot drink, Lake you can walk in, and so on... )

Newport was the first offering above which also matches the clues, so it's Buttsy's floor, but if he declares open floor then Welshman should have the opportunity to accept the floor before anyone else.

I'm happy to concede the floor to Buttsy.
After all, Beer was my second attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.