• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Customer Ambassador 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiNi

I see that there is a position for a customer ambassador 2 role at Dorchester South.As a local station to me I've never known this position ever being in place at the station. Anyone know anything about the Ambassador role.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
I see that there is a position for a customer ambassador 2 role at Dorchester South.As a local station to me I've never known this position ever being in place at the station. Anyone know anything about the Ambassador role.
These positions are in place at a lot of smaller stations now. If it’s the same in terms of job descriptions as it used to be, it’s to save money on Ticket Office openings. You’ll be acting as a sort of walking ticket machine during the AM peak mainly, so the ticket office needn’t be open.

MiNi

These positions are in place at a lot of smaller stations now. If it’s the same in terms of job descriptions as it used to be, it’s to save money on Ticket Office openings. You’ll be acting as a sort of walking ticket machine during the AM peak mainly, so the ticket office needn’t be open.
That's what I thought really.A meet & great position sort of. There is a ticket machine outside the ticket office which most people use there.

Stigy

Established Member
That's what I thought really.A meet & great position sort of. There is a ticket machine outside the ticket office which most people use there.
I believe the did have iPads/tablets to help customers purchasing tickets and selling tickets too?

OliverH68

Managed to get my application in this morning for Raynes Park. Completed all online assessments and passed, so wait to see if I get to the next stage!

Anyone knows what the face-to-face assessment will consist of, if I do get through? :)

Stigy

Established Member
The advert closed very quickly on this one,by dinnertime.It only appeared yesterday evening.!!!
How long was it advertised for? It’s not uncommon depending on the number of applicants. I guess more so now with a lot more people finding themselves unemployed.

MiNi

How long was it advertised for? It’s not uncommon depending on the number of applicants. I guess more so now with a lot more people finding themselves unemployed.
Only about 12-14 hours. And most of that was overnight aswell.!!!

Stigy

Established Member
I emailed the swr recruitment team & it closed early as it reached its application cap apparently.
As I said, that’s how it generally works. More so in the current climate with a lot more people finding themselves suddenly unemployed no doubt. Historically it tends only to be Trainee Driver/Guard roles which attract mass-applications, but I’d imagine all jobs are in very high demand at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.