• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cyclists - your experiences on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I've said this before but I do feel the general standards from everyone controlling any sort of vehicle on British roads are too low.

People seem to think only about their next action and not what's coming further up the road. Yesterday I saw a good example, not involving any bicycles, but rather two buses, one following the other, approaching a double-length bus stop. Somebody in a car came and overtook the rear one, then had to sit behind the stopped front one because there wasn't enough room to pull around it. If they had waited just a few seconds longer for them both to stop, they could have overtaken both at once and been on their way. Instead they chose to delay themselves, and everyone on the bus behind which then couldn't use the rear half of the stop, because of either their impatience and/or inability to pay attention.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SCH117X

Established Member
Had the normal uphill car overtake yesterday folllowed by a left bend which they took too close to the kerb. Would been forced to stop if i had not already sussed what was going to happen so backed off the speed a touch, being on the ebike speed was recoverable more so than it might otherwise have been.

On the subject of one way streets there is a local road with a contraflow bike lane whose markings have almost vanished. There does seem to a huge disconnect between the hype of spending a few quid of some cycling facility and any chance of any subsequent upkeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.