• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dale End Lane - OO gauge Terminus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Any chance of a photo of those two taken through the archway like you did one the earlier photos?

Established Member
Excellent! Although the IC livery looks a bit odd paired with the EMT/R livery.
What could of been if the blue sets stayed around to the very end of HST's with EMR :lol:

Dale End Lane advent day 18:
One for @Cowley today. The 2 celebs have made it to the other end of the sets tonight.
IMG_20211218_180853.jpg

Peter C

Established Member
Every time I see your layout @43055 it reminds me I need to should look into getting a pair of Lima HST powercars at some point. They look like decent models and I really like the 43002 and 43185 ones I assume you've renumbered/renamed yourself?

-Peter

Established Member
Every time I see your layout @43055 it reminds me I need to should look into getting a pair of Lima HST powercars at some point. They look like decent models and I really like the 43002 and 43185 ones I assume you've renumbered/renamed yourself?

-Peter
The Lima HST powercars are still good models. 185 being powered does need some persuasion over some points occasionally but otherwise a good runner. The renumbering/naming of the powercars was not done by me. I picked them up at an show in Stafford. Think the stall also had some renumbered FGW blue power cars as well.

Dale End Lane day 19:
Most of the local DMU fleet in the station. 156405 and 158773 await the next workings while 170301 shows how useful the center road is. If it's not the 170 then it's normally a loco in the headshunt.
IMG_20200613_092546.jpg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The Lima HST powercars are still good models. 185 being powered does need some persuasion over some points occasionally but otherwise a good runner. The renumbering/naming of the powercars was not done by me. I picked them up at an show in Stafford. Think the stall also had some renumbered FGW blue power cars as well.

Dale End Lane day 19:
Most of the local DMU fleet in the station. 156405 and 158773 await the next workings while 170301 shows how useful the center road is. If it's not the 170 then it's normally a loco in the headshunt.
View attachment 107284

Love a centre road…

Established Member
Dale End Lane advent day 20:
A night view of the carriage sidings most of the roads busy with trains being serviced ready for the next days service.
IMG_20211220_181519.jpg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
:lol: :lol:

Yes put my 1 deck up on the layout!

Dale End Lane advent day 21:
On the shortest day it is a daytime look at the carriage sidings. Slightly less busy than yesterdays picture.
View attachment 107413

I like it. Will you be ballasting this bit at some point?
Is this the opposite end of the layout to the station basically?

Established Member
I like it. Will you be ballasting this bit at some point?
Is this the opposite end of the layout to the station basically?
Eventually I will get round finishing this area off which will include ballasting and maybe some other details like lighting columns. Yes it is the opposite end of the layout. All 6 lines extend for another about 2 coach lengths past the point the picture was taken.

Dale End Lane advent day 22:
Bit of a freight day today. Here we have the 66 taking the engineering train back to it's depot while the 37 waits for access to the station with the daily fuel tanker run.
IMG_20211222_134915.jpg

Peter C

Established Member
Eventually I will get round finishing this area off which will include ballasting and maybe some other details like lighting columns. Yes it is the opposite end of the layout. All 6 lines extend for another about 2 coach lengths past the point the picture was taken.

Dale End Lane advent day 22:
Bit of a freight day today. Here we have the 66 taking the engineering train back to it's depot while the 37 waits for access to the station with the daily fuel tanker run.
View attachment 107466
Sorry I've not been replying but I have been reading the posts. I rather like that shot; there's something about it which just says "modern image" - whether that be the trackplan (I always feel there's a certain something to a modern trackplan which makes it look modern image), the stock, or something else. :)

-Peter

Established Member
Dale End Lane advent (late) day 23:
First of possibly two posts today. With the withdrawal of the EMR 153s here is both of the 153s on the layout
IMG_20211223_180137.jpg

Nice. Thanks for the explanation too. :)
No problem the picture below might be of use as well which is a close resemblance to the current track plan and sections I have on the layout. The station area being on the left and carriage sidings being in the box on the right.
Layout map.PNG
Sorry I've not been replying but I have been reading the posts. I rather like that shot; there's something about it which just says "modern image" - whether that be the trackplan (I always feel there's a certain something to a modern trackplan which makes it look modern image), the stock, or something else. :)

-Peter
Thanks. I can see what you mean about the 'modern' track plan.

Peter C

Established Member
First of possibly two posts today. With the withdrawal of the EMR 153s here is both of the 153s on the layout
View attachment 107520
Those Hornby 153s are good models, aren't they? I've got a EMT ex-Central Trains one and it's a really good runner. The lights are a nice touch too. That and all of the detail down the bodysides!

-Peter

reddragon

Established Member
Those Hornby 153s are good models, aren't they? I've got a EMT ex-Central Trains one and it's a really good runner. The lights are a nice touch too. That and all of the detail down the bodysides!

-Peter
153s are too short for my railway and don't operate in my area. Did ride them on Cornish branches though

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
View attachment 107520

No problem the picture below might be of use as well which is a close resemblance to the current track plan and sections I have on the layout. The station area being on the left and carriage sidings being in the box on the right.
View attachment 107521

Thanks. I can see what you mean about the 'modern' track plan.

That makes sense now. Is there potential to extend the layout in the future?
Liking the 153s by the way.

Established Member

-Peter
They are good models with a lot of detail like you say.
153s are too short for my railway and don't operate in my area. Did ride them on Cornish branches though
Very familiar with the 153s as they were basically the only class on my local route until a few years back. Probably the only person which kinda like them!
That makes sense now. Is there potential to extend the layout in the future?
Liking the 153s by the way.
It's about as big as I can get it at the moment. It would be nice to extend to give the layout a propper fiddle yard.

Dale End Lane advent day 24:
I did start this post yesterday! The last run in before Christmas. 800004 and the EMT HST prepare to head to the depot while 220017 squeeze's into platform 4 on its day off.
IMG_20211224_184249.jpg

After getting stuffed with turkey yesterday and walking it off today on the worlds muddiest path it is time to show the latest additions to Dale End Lane.

First up we have another class 57. This being DRS 57302 'Chad Varah' which is also pre weathered out the box. It will probably act like the 57 which is normally stabled at Reading which sees use on the Sleeper but also is able to rescue units with the Delner.
IMG_20211226_204104.jpg

Also had some road vehicles: National Express coach, Network Rail van, AA van and black London taxi.
IMG_20211226_204051.jpg

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That’s a really nice collection of things but the 57 looks awesome.

Peter C

Established Member
They are good models with a lot of detail like you say.

Very familiar with the 153s as they were basically the only class on my local route until a few years back. Probably the only person which kinda like them!

It's about as big as I can get it at the moment. It would be nice to extend to give the layout a propper fiddle yard.

Dale End Lane advent day 24:
I did start this post yesterday! The last run in before Christmas. 800004 and the EMT HST prepare to head to the depot while 220017 squeeze's into platform 4 on its day off.
View attachment 107573

After getting stuffed with turkey yesterday and walking it off today on the worlds muddiest path it is time to show the latest additions to Dale End Lane.

First up we have another class 57. This being DRS 57302 'Chad Varah' which is also pre weathered out the box. It will probably act like the 57 which is normally stabled at Reading which sees use on the Sleeper but also is able to rescue units with the Delner.
View attachment 107640

Also had some road vehicles: National Express coach, Network Rail van, AA van and black London taxi.
View attachment 107641
Can't believe I forgot to respond to this (sorry!) but that 57 looks really nice. The weathering adds a lot to it, as does the picking-out of the detailing parts in different colours on the underframe.
Those vehicles are a really good way of making a layout look more modern-image (I'm not sure you need a lot more to help you with that based on the stock you've got but still ;)). The Oxford ones are good quality in my experience.

-Peter

Established Member
Added the vehicles that I got for charismas onto the layout. Seems like the MOM is getting some assistance from the AA.
IMG_20220124_182324.jpg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Added the vehicles that I got for charismas onto the layout. Seems like the MOM is getting some assistance from the AA.
View attachment 109236
That’s a nice selection of vehicles. There’s not much available for my era and scale unfortunately.
Those Transits look excellent.

Peter C

Established Member
View attachment 109236
Those do look really nice. There's a lot to be said for OO gauge vehicles (in particular), given my experience. Nice little things and I've seen people do quite a bit to them!

-Peter

Established Member
Thanks!

Something different at Dale End Lane today. 800004 and 800010 has been combined to form a 7 coach set as a test unit around the GWR network to see if a 7 coach length fits in stations and sidings. If the tests are successful then a order could be made to boost capacity on the busiest services from next year.
IMG_20220130_185355.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.