• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dales Rail 2021: Suggested Itineraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
I thought I would start a thread for suggested itinerates, and walking routes, for days out around using a Dales Rail 2021 Sunday service from Preston to Carlisle.

I would really appreciate some suggestions on how to make to use of this service and specifically recommendations for self guided walks that can be taken using this service as the basis for the day out.

Also, does anyone know of any free parking near Preston station for a Sunday.

The DalesRail service will be operating in 2021 starting on Sunday 16th May 2021 and running until Sunday 12th September 2021. The timetable is now online at https://communityraillancashire.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/DalesRail-Timetable-2021.pdf

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Also, does anyone know of any free parking near Preston station for a Sunday.
Have sometimes parked up on Lauderdale Street, about 10 mins walk from Preston station (down the hill on the West side of the station).

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I know COVID will have knackered this a bit, but do they still run guided walks from it? They did in my yoof, I did a few (though I mostly halved the average age there at the time :) )

sluf

Have sometimes parked up on Lauderdale Street, about 10 mins walk from Preston station (down the hill on the West side of the station).
i usually park on Pitt Street by County Hall, by the side of the railway wall if you get there early enough but noticed parking ticket machines have now been fitted on both sides of the road. I would maybe suggest going down Fishergate Hill and parking on Broadgate on the side of the river and just walking back up the hill to the station

roversfan2001

Established Member
I know COVID will have knackered this a bit, but do they still run guided walks from it? They did in my yoof, I did a few (though I mostly halved the average age there at the time :) )
As per the booklet that has just been handed out on the service today, the guided walks resume on 6th June and are weekly from then right through to the last service in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.