• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DAT card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devil

There was a comment that these cards would work on any ticket barrier in the country,allowing unhindered access and exit.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried this? I've not had the opportunity to try it myself.
I'm referring to the new style card complete with photo that was sent out by RDG.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bengley

Established Member
For anyone who doesn't know - the DAT card is a Duty Authority to Travel card, issued to operational TOC staff who require the use of other operators' services while on duty.

I have used mine at various stations on my routes, some of which aren't served by my TOC. It has never failed to work.

Red Devil

Cheers for that. I'll give it a try. It's useful having that facility and avoid the queues

I had no idea about this, I'll certainly be giving it a try on Monday. As a freight driver I'm forever waiting to be let through the gates at various locations

driver9000

Established Member
Seems to work at all stations. I've only had it rejected by the barriers at one station but my other Smartcard may have interfered with it.

StaffsPM1

My chiltern one works at new street and also Waterloo and Fratton (I had a PRIV ticket but tried it anyway out of interest) Doesn't work on LUL stations though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.