• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day trip to Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentish Paul

An unusual announcment on th 10:33 Ashford International to Brighton yesterday. Already impressed with the conductor who when checking my ticket used a proper clip leaving a neat circular hloe in the ticket, and made perfect announcments.

However on leaving St Leonards Warrior Square he apologised that in a few minutes we would be slowing to walking pace for a 5mph temporary speed restriction (TSR) for drainage works and that it wouldn't last very long. (It didn't).

I've never heard an announcement about a TSR before !

I forgot to look at the name badge but the manual announcements matched the automated ones perfectly. Excellent trip.

The journey back and views about Brighton staion I will post later. <(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

user15681

Established Member
I heard one made by a driver once, as we were passing over a landslip during the storms. I could hear the AWS in the background, so was impressed at him making an announcement too.

Andrewlong

I heard one made by a driver once, as we were passing over a landslip during the storms. I could hear the AWS in the background, so was impressed at him making an announcement too.

Some drivers have better communication skills than guards!

Variability of quality of announcements/guard activity is something noticeable on SWT especially Reading to Waterloo. I got my ticket checked on evening service from Clapham Junction to Winnersh Triangle last Thursday. That was a novelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.