• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

FlyingVixen

Any news of a new DMI yet?

Did they rebook you a DMI yet Tony?
I had it Thursday last week! It went well as far as I know. I haven’t heard if I passed it or not though!! I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I’m very anxious about it now!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthernTech

I had it Thursday last week! It went well as far as I know. I haven’t heard if I passed it or not though!! I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I’m very anxious about it now!
Yeah I never heard back for ages. Sent a few emails and eventually was told I was in a talent pool, but never actually had any wording to say I’d passed the interview. Just the assumption that entering the talent pool must mean I’d done enough at the interview. I think that was about 2 months or so further on. Another freight company I’d interviewed with was exactly the same. I’m not sure if it’s just how they do it, or that they are so busy in an office of only a few people…who knows. Good luck, hopefully you’ll hear back soon (or sooner) .

Carl98k

Yeah I never heard back for ages. Sent a few emails and eventually was told I was in a talent pool, but never actually had any wording to say I’d passed the interview. Just the assumption that entering the talent pool must mean I’d done enough at the interview. I think that was about 2 months or so further on. Another freight company I’d interviewed with was exactly the same. I’m not sure if it’s just how they do it, or that they are so busy in an office of only a few people…who knows. Good luck, hopefully you’ll hear back soon (or sooner) .
I had the same, chasing for updates. I didn’t know I was successful until I got an invite for a medical. Finally sorted now and I start next month.

FlyingVixen

Well that makes me feel better! Thank you! I do hope that I know soon! It’s a bit of a pain making people wait!! I’ll keep pestering them!

NorthernTech

Well that makes me feel better! Thank you! I do hope that I know soon! It’s a bit of a pain making people wait!! I’ll keep pestering them!
I would probably say that occasional emails are ok, but perhaps be cautious of ‘pestering’ them perhaps. I got to a point between stages of leaving it a month between follow ups. Not sure what others have done..

FlyingVixen

I would probably say that occasional emails are ok, but perhaps be cautious of ‘pestering’ them perhaps. I got to a point between stages of leaving it a month between follow ups. Not sure what others have done..
Haha I was probably exaggerating to be honest!! I won't pester them! Never have pestered them. Just an e-mail every now and then to see if I get anything back. Sometimes you can get lost in the system!

FlyingVixen

Thanks guys!! So happy you wouldn’t believe it! Apparently the guy that interviewed was gutted he couldn’t have me for Peak Forrest as I applied for Warrington! They said my interview was amazing! Made my day!

NorthernTech

Thanks guys!! So happy you wouldn’t believe it! Apparently the guy that interviewed was gutted he couldn’t have me for Peak Forrest as I applied for Warrington! They said my interview was amazing! Made my day!
Sounds like a great interview! I think Peak Forest is straight to mainline too. Did they mention it being junior/depot driver first at Warrington?

FlyingVixen

Sounds like a great interview! I think Peak Forest is straight to mainline too. Did they mention it being junior/depot driver first at Warrington?
Yeah they told me is straight to mainline and that Warrington is junior first. I would go to Peak Forest, but it’s just a bit too far out for me sadly! I should ask if there maybe opportunity to move depots in the future as I may relocate at some point in the future!

NorthernTech

It’s sounding like a nice fast progression so far. If you get a medical in September you may be training by the back end of the year, depending on courses or notice period of course. I’d imagine if you have passed the course and spent a certain amount of time on the depot, that internal moves must be an option. But im just speculating.

SVDW995

Arrrgghh CONGRATULATIONS!!! Awesome, well done!!!

JFerreday

Congratulations:)

This gives me a little more hope that there are vacancies still to be had within Peak Forest.... Ive been waiting for my DMI for nearly three months now and have started to think the vacancies have been filled!

FlyingVixen

It’s sounding like a nice fast progression so far. If you get a medical in September you may be training by the back end of the year, depending on courses or notice period of course. I’d imagine if you have passed the course and spent a certain amount of time on the depot, that internal moves must be an option. But im just speculating.
That’s pretty awesome if that’s the case! I have to give 8 weeks' notice at my current job unfortunately! It’s good time for preparation. Fingers crossed for internal movements though! We will see!
Arrrgghh CONGRATULATIONS!!! Awesome, well done!!!
Thank you!! I’m so proud of myself!

Congratulations:)

This gives me a little more hope that there are vacancies still to be had within Peak Forest.... Ive been waiting for my DMI for nearly three months now and have started to think the vacancies have been filled!
Thank you! Yeah it seems that way! I know someone who has been waiting a while for their DMI!! That’s why I don’t know how I got mine so quick!
Congratulations! Got my medical booked for October so hopefully a course date will follow soon after :D:D
Thank you! That’s awesome! It should follow straight after because a medical can expire I’ve heard??

FlyingVixen

Random question, is there a discord group for this forum or is that not be a thing? I’m on discord all the time! Haha!

NorthernTech

Does anyone know how many junior/depot drivers they have at Warrington and how many are likely to be on shift together? Looks like a small-ish depot but I presume you can move around any parts of the north west hub?