• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo UK-owned Class 92 Electric Locomotive and Class 66 Diesel Locomotive 66230 I would like to know the current status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yh00157

hello. I am a railroad fanatic living in Korea.

While studying mechanics in high school and junior college, I also watch railroad cars.

1. I checked the English page of Wikipedia that the Class 92 electric locomotive is operated by DB Cargo UK, owned by GBRf.

DB Cargo UK-owned locomotives did not operate on the UK main line, is there any reason?

It was confirmed on YouTube that the HS1 freight train was operated, but there was no trace of operation on the West Coast Main Line.

I know that the basic signaling equipment of British Railways is using AWS , TPWS, and TVM430 signaling equipment for channel tunnel and HS1.

I would like to know why DB Cargo UK-owned locomotives do not operate on the UK Main Line.

For reference, it has been confirmed that the GBRf locomotive is in operation.

2. DB Cargo UK owned Class 66 diesel locomotive 66230 I want to know about.

I had a fire damage at the Doland Moor Terminal in Folkestone, and I would like to know more about this locomotive.

As far as I know it is located at the Toton DB Cargo UK depot. I would like to know if this vehicle is going to be scrapped in the future or if it will be operated again after a major repair.

For reference, I am using a Naver Korean portal site account and a Google account, but I am inevitably asking because there is no reply even if I send an official email to DB Cargo UK. Sorry.

The text was written in Korean and then changed to English using Google Translate. There may be some grammar mistakes, so please forgive me.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FrodshamJnct

Established Member

While studying mechanics in high school and junior college, I also watch railroad cars.

1. I checked the English page of Wikipedia that the Class 92 electric locomotive is operated by DB Cargo UK, owned by GBRf.

DB Cargo UK-owned locomotives did not operate on the UK main line, is there any reason?

It was confirmed on YouTube that the HS1 freight train was operated, but there was no trace of operation on the West Coast Main Line.

I know that the basic signaling equipment of British Railways is using AWS , TPWS, and TVM430 signaling equipment for channel tunnel and HS1.

I would like to know why DB Cargo UK-owned locomotives do not operate on the UK Main Line.

I had a fire damage at the Doland Moor Terminal in Folkestone, and I would like to know more about this locomotive.

As far as I know it is located at the Toton DB Cargo UK depot. I would like to know if this vehicle is going to be scrapped in the future or if it will be operated again after a major repair.

For reference, I am using a Naver Korean portal site account and a Google account, but I am inevitably asking because there is no reply even if I send an official email to DB Cargo UK. Sorry.

The text was written in Korean and then changed to English using Google Translate. There may be some grammar mistakes, so please forgive me.

Class 92s do operate on the West Coast Main Line, hauling the Caledonian Sleeper between London and Scotland.

D365

Veteran Member
Class 92s do operate on the West Coast Main Line, hauling the Caledonian Sleeper between London and Scotland.
The question is specifically why DBC Class 92s do not operate on British mainlines.

Pkh72

66230 is currently inside the depot building at Toton and used as a source of spares. Don’t think there will be a come back for it as the fire damaged lots of the wiring behind the desks at that end.

Suraggu

I am sure it's because the DB class 92s only have operational TVM in cab signalling equipment. Either the UK standard AWS/TPWS has been isolated or requires an update for them to run on the 'classic network'.

Status
Not open for further replies.