• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay using a smartcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua_Harman

Hi eveyone!

recently,I have travelled using my railway smartcard and the jourey was delayed meaning I claimed delay repay.

Whenever I submit a claim with a paper ticket they always accept it, no questions asked, however I have recently submitted one (I travelled using a national rail ITSO Smartcard) and the claim was rejected due to lack of evidence.
in previous times when I have claimed delay repay with a smartcard these have also been rejected for the same reason (diffrent companies)

GTR Offer automatic delay repay, so there must be a way for them to review the Tap On Tap Off data to see exactly when I travelled, I Also always post the photo's of both the reciepts and the smarcard itself, so you would have thought this combined with the extensive smartcard data would be more than enough to verify my delayed arrival.

I was wondering if anyone else had this same issue?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hkstudent

Established Member
Hi eveyone!

recently,I have travelled using my railway smartcard and the jourey was delayed meaning I claimed delay repay.

Whenever I submit a claim with a paper ticket they always accept it, no questions asked, however I have recently submitted one (I travelled using a national rail ITSO Smartcard) and the claim was rejected due to lack of evidence.
in previous times when I have claimed delay repay with a smartcard these have also been rejected for the same reason (diffrent companies)

GTR Offer automatic delay repay, so there must be a way for them to review the Tap On Tap Off data to see exactly when I travelled, I Also always post the photo's of both the reciepts and the smarcard itself, so you would have thought this combined with the extensive smartcard data would be more than enough to verify my delayed arrival.

I was wondering if anyone else had this same issue?
It may be better for you to appeal the result to customer service, instead of going to Delay Repay team

Super Hans

They should give you a specific reason, lack of evidence isn't really a reason. Can't verify the price? Journey? Ticket validity?

Status
Not open for further replies.