• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derail Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

206driver

Has anyone else played this game? I recently got it and have been playing in VR. It's not prototypical, but a really fun physics based simulation where you accept jobs and drive around to complete them as quickly and efficently as possible in the three types of traction available.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've seen videos and it looks amazing fun with potential for both shinanigans and also more serous play styles. Sadly I haven't got a system up to the task from looking at the specs. But maybe at some point before too long...

JohnMcL7

I played the preview of it (or whatever that was) and it seemed a cool idea but I had trouble with the room scale and the in game layout so it was hard to reach parts since I was going to some of the extreme lower corners of the chaperone boundary. I've been meaning to look into it again though as Train Sim World just feels like it's made for VR especially since it's using Unreal Engine which supports VR well.

206driver

I played the preview of it (or whatever that was) and it seemed a cool idea but I had trouble with the room scale and the in game layout so it was hard to reach parts since I was going to some of the extreme lower corners of the chaperone boundary. I've been meaning to look into it again though as Train Sim World just feels like it's made for VR especially since it's using Unreal Engine which supports VR well.
Yeah I have played it seated in the diesels, and standing for the steam loco. I found putting a mat (I used a bath mat!) on the floor helped me stay in one place and direction as my play area isn't very large, but with the mat I could happily reach everything I needed to (maybe with a little slewing to get the blower on the other side of the cab!)

Status
Not open for further replies.