• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Did anyone ever have Rail3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspljd1990

It was a brilliant simulator. Very basic but I was part of the main Yahoo group where there were some fantastic layouts, such as Greater Manchester, Merseyside, the Great Western Main Line, North West England and North East England. And these layouts were very accurate too.

Unfortunately that's all gone now. :'( I wish there was something like it these days. Simple and free. There are games like Simutrans where people have made some great stuff, but to build the railways you need to have in-game money.Rail3D, you could just build from scratch.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

prod_pep

Established Member
Yes. Used to love it. The first layout I tried was the Cross-City one which was always my favourite.

Peter C

Established Member
I'd never heard of Rail3D until I saw this thread and it looks quite interesting. Obviously, being an older sim, it's not going to be as technically-advanced as the likes of TS2021, but it still looks to have a charm to it. I started out playing Trainz 2009, which looks very similar - maybe that's why I find it quite charming?...

-Peter :)

nlogax

Established Member
Been tinkering with it here since yesterday and it doesn't quite inspire in the same way it used to. There's a lot more functionality than my first time of using it but it seems to be less stable than I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.