• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diesel Classes on the Island of Sodor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
What kind of locomotive is Diesel 10? Is he a class 47?
I think it’s meant to be a Warship (class 42).
It’s out of gauge though…
I can't believe someone thought fitting that bizarre claw thing to a Western Region engine was a good idea. If you're going to ruin an engine, at least choose one from an inferior region, please :lol:

-Peter

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I can't believe someone thought fitting that bizarre claw thing to a Western Region engine was a good idea. If you're going to ruin an engine, at least choose one from an inferior region, please :lol:

-Peter

Absolutely! :lol:

341o2

Established Member
The incident I remember was that Sir Handel bumped some trucks and annoyed them so that they sought revenge.
However, Peter Sam was the engine they picked on, despite warnings from other trucks that it was not Sir Handel but Peter Sam, Peter Sam was bombarded by flying slate and was glad to hear the toot of Rusty's horn as Rusty came to the rescue.

The principle difference between the Talyllyn and Skarloey railways was a direct interchange between the Skarloey and the standard gauge, when Peter Sam was newly arrived, James advised him not to be late or his passengers would be left behind. Peter Sam got into a right tizzy over this, and when his passengers had boarded James' train, he was asked to explain and was told that James would not leave before he arrived because it was a guaranteed connection. By the time Peter Sam realised this, James had departed

It must be over 50 years, more like 55 since I read these books
I've just found one of the books and it was Henry rather than James who wound Peter Sam up, in his anxiety to arrive on time, he thought he heard the guard's whistle and started leaving the lady who ran the refreshment room behind. She was not amused.

Status
Not open for further replies.