• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different Driver Depot, Route and Traction cards

tiptoptaff

Established Member
No problem, thanks.
It may vary by company but I believe it’s usually listed separately. E.g. Class 800, Class 801.
GWR list it as 800/2

Similarly turbos are listed as 165/6

In both cases, the 16x and 80x are treated, trained and taught as one traction.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
As I understand, after years of being told their depot work was daft, Hornsey Outer Link is now also signing 717s (and do inner work again), and they also sign for Three Bridges and Peterborough...

As far as i'm aware Grand Central drivers don't sign Leeds station anymore, they come close but when they go Bradford-Wakefield Kirkgate via New pudsey they curve off at Whitehall junction just outside Leeds then around to Engine shed junction and Kirkgate that way and don't go into Leeds station anymore since they stopped running services for Northern between Hebden Bridge and Leeds.
Thanks, I'll get them updated when I can.
Edit: sorry another question popped into my head! Would it be down as 80x on a tractions card ( I understand that’s the correct lingo) or would 801 and 800 be separate there?
Sorry for the bombardment and if you don’t know, no sweat but it’s worth asking!
I've no idea what their traction cards say exactly, though I strongly suspect it'll be 800,801,802 or whatever listed separately depending on which ones are signed by that TOCs drivers. 80x is just a term I used to save listing them separately.
New ScotRail depot (drivers and conductors) as of June, at Leven. I don't know what route they'll sign besides the obvious, but other depots learning the Leven branch are Edinburgh (link specific), Dundee (all), and Perth (all).
Thanks for that, I'll add these in as soon as I can. I wonder will Tweedbank be learning it as well, given they already do some Fife Circle work?

GWR list it as 800/2

Similarly turbos are listed as 165/6

In both cases, the 16x and 80x are treated, trained and taught as one traction.
Thanks, that confirms my suspicions.

Geeves

Established Member
Checked with the DSM here at Manchester Victoria. Blackpool definitely don't sign from Blackburn to Clitheroe now, the Dales rail was their only hurrar. Its covered entirely by Victoria and Blackburn as it stands. Cheers!

craigybagel

Established Member
As I understand, after years of being told their depot work was daft, Hornsey Outer Link is now also signing 717s (and do inner work again), and they also sign for Three Bridges and Peterborough...
Thanks, I've added their new fleet link in.
As far as i'm aware Grand Central drivers don't sign Leeds station anymore, they come close but when they go Bradford-Wakefield Kirkgate via New pudsey they curve off at Whitehall junction just outside Leeds then around to Engine shed junction and Kirkgate that way and don't go into Leeds station anymore since they stopped running services for Northern between Hebden Bridge and Leeds.
Thanks, that makes sense. All references to Leeds duly deleted.
This is a separate link to the Outer Link, named as the “Fleet Link”.
Thanks, as above I've added it in now.
Checked with the DSM here at Manchester Victoria. Blackpool definitely don't sign from Blackburn to Clitheroe now, the Dales rail was their only hurrar. Its covered entirely by Victoria and Blackburn as it stands. Cheers!
Thanks, that makes more sense. Have deleted.
Small point - if you're organising the top post alphabetically, shouldn't Hull Trains come after GWR rather than before?
Very true, I'm not sure how that happened :o I've swapped them over.
Chiltern's Banbury drivers no longer sign Princes Risborough to Aylesbury.
Interesting. What's the reasoning for that I wonder? I've deleted it now anyway - you got in just in time for my monthly clean up.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
What's the reasoning for that I wonder?
Suspect it's due to that route being (mostly) reduced to a shuttle service from Aylesbury. So it's no longer efficient for a Banbury driver to work that route - they'd need to pass between London or Banbury and Princes Risborough before working the service.

Of course it also means Chiltern will find it much harder to divert the Birmingham services via Aylesbury when the High Wycombe route is closed (whether through engineering works or on the day). They seem to have given up doing this in recent years.

Efini92

Established Member
They’re out learning it again now.

scouseyb123

On Moderation
TPE Preston only sign Wigan-Liverpool Lime Street via St Helens Ctl., not via Earlestown