• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different Driver Depot, Route and Traction cards

Class2ldn

And welwyn drivers are learning sevenoaks and orpington.

Yep 100% as already posted they do the early/late crew changes on the rainham services. They also do a few trips upto bedford/luton and back down.

Also they have booked work into low level, late saturday night and early sunday morning trains.
Ah ok,Yeah i knew they did low level because of sutton but didn't think they went down from blackfriars.
They need to go somewhere else then sutton i guess lol.
Three bridges are still signing East Grinstead but no booked work over it, got a Q path we can book instead

I think the whole Thameslink section needs some minor edits as crew changes now take place at London Bridge vice Blackfriars after the May' 18 fiasco to prevent the line being blocked.
I believe they still have some booked changeovers at blackfriars, not 100% as my depot only use London Bridge.
We just have death by bedford and back on the slows via redhill lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RealTrains07

Established Member
West Midlands Trains
Northampton does also sign 319s and will include class 730s in the future

westcoaster

Established Member
Im sure only some drivers do, as when the fire under Elephant happened some services diverted via Peckham and London Bridge
Majority of sutton services are St Albans drivers who do not sign via London bridge.

The rest are Cricklewood/Luton or Bedford drivers who sign the diversion via London bridge and Peckham

Need2

@Gerard92
I’m Im sure only some drivers do, as when the fire under Elephant happened some services diverted via Peckham and London Bridge
What do you mean ‘divert via Peckham?’

I’m still under the impression (I will stand corrected though) that Cricklewood do not sign London Bridge.

Last edited:

Marshy

@Gerard92
I’m Im sure only some drivers do, as when the fire under Elephant happened some services diverted via Peckham and London Bridge
What do you mean ‘divert via Peckham?’

I’m still under the impression (I will stand corrected though) that Cricklewood do not sign London Bridge.
All Cricklewood drivers sign London Bridge. They take the first Rainham services of the day from the depot to London Bridge where a Gillingham or Luton driver will take over. And it's it's same in the evening where they take the last services from London Bridge (services from Rainham) to West Hampstead, then empty to the depot.

Sometimes, the first Sutton services on a Sunday start at London Bridge. This is worked by Cricklewood drivers who will take it via Peckham Rye and Tulse Hill to Sutton.

Class2ldn

Its St albans that don't sign it , I thought it was cricklewood but I'm sure its just St albans actually

Need2

All Cricklewood drivers sign London Bridge. They take the first Rainham services of the day from the depot to London Bridge where a Gillingham or Luton driver will take over. And it's it's same in the evening where they take the last services from London Bridge (services from Rainham) to West Hampstead, then empty to the depot.

Sometimes, the first Sutton services on a Sunday start at London Bridge. This is worked by Cricklewood drivers who will take it via Peckham Rye and Tulse Hill to Sutton.
Thanks for clarifying

RJM

153’s now in service on the West Highland Line, assume it’ll be Glasgow Queen St (WHL link), Oban, Fort William and Mallaig who sign them?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
153’s now in service on the West Highland Line, assume it’ll be Glasgow Queen St (WHL link), Oban, Fort William and Mallaig who sign them?
Don't think FW or Mallaig sign them yet, as the 153s are only on Oban services so far.

craigybagel

Established Member
Ashford (AD) Thameslink Drivers are currently Route learning (in Training Bubbles given current circumstances)
London Kings Cross-Welwyn Garden City including Welwyn Sidings and the Hornsey flyover (but not the depot) in preparation for a Peak hour Sevenoaks-Welwyn Garden City service expected to start next May.
Some minor amends for EMR.

No depots sign HSTs as of May ‘21 timetable change.

Kettering is now an active depot. They do not sign Manton diversion, but do sign Cauldwell depot, Bedford (light maintenance on the 360 fleet is done here).
Thanks both, added in.
And welwyn drivers are learning sevenoaks and orpington.
Did WGC not already sign down there?
Update to my update. Plymouth GWR drivers now sign 255 (2+4 hst)

Plymouth HSS drivers no longer sign Liskeard to Looe
West Midlands Trains
Northampton does also sign 319s and will include class 730s in the future
Thanks both added in.

I've done a bit of editing today having finally had time at my PC (editing a thread this long on a mobile is a nightmare!) - any further fixes need doing as always keep them coming my way!

Also, I'm still looking for details on Eurotunnel at Cheriton, GWR at Bristol Parkway and Southeastern at Dover so if anyone has that information I'd be especially grateful!

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Thanks both, added in.

Did WGC not already sign down there?

Thanks both added in.

I've done a bit of editing today having finally had time at my PC (editing a thread this long on a mobile is a nightmare!) - any further fixes need doing as always keep them coming my way!

Also, I'm still looking for details on Eurotunnel at Cheriton, GWR at Bristol Parkway and Southeastern at Dover so if anyone has that information I'd be especially grateful!
GWR Parkway traction will be 800/802only.
Routes as yet unconfirmed.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Presumably York TPE also sign Doncaster IEP Depot to Leeds (via Westgate), to get this early morning ECS off the depot:

Not yet, it's currently still done with a GBRF route conductor. Eventually it will be on the route card though, as with Doncaster IEP-York.

Mattyblob

Eurotunnel Cheriton only sign Class 9's and the route is literally a giant figure of eight between Cheriton and Coquelles.

The 'chef de train' only drives for 50% of the time and monitors CCTV from the back cab for the remainder.

Although they unnecessarily require applicants to pass the OPC tests to an enhanced standard they're not given a train driving license with any recognition outside of the company once qualified, so I'm not sure they would qualify to be on this list (in the same way that LU aren't).

craigybagel

Established Member
Eurotunnel Cheriton only sign Class 9's and the route is literally a giant figure of eight between Cheriton and Coquelles.

The 'chef de train' only drives for 50% of the time and monitors CCTV from the back cab for the remainder.

Although they unnecessarily require applicants to pass the OPC tests to an enhanced standard they're not given a train driving license with any recognition outside of the company once qualified, so I'm not sure they would qualify to be on this list (in the same way that LU aren't).
Thanks for that, interesting to know!

In that case, I'll delete Eurotunnel from the list unless anyone has any objections? Given LU isn't included it seems reasonable to exclude Eurotunnel as well.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Thanks for that, interesting to know!

In that case, I'll delete Eurotunnel from the list unless anyone has any objections? Given LU isn't included it seems reasonable to exclude Eurotunnel as well.

Seems fine to me!

Bow Fell

Just some extra (maybe pointless) detail

Northern (Liverpool Lime Street) are now link specific routes

Link 1 exclusively sign Ellesmere Port but lose Preston - Blackpool North.

Link 1 & 2 sign Man Vic to Stalybridge

Class 769’s also link specific.

Hopefully others can expand the above.

craigybagel

Established Member
Just some extra (maybe pointless) detail

Northern (Liverpool Lime Street) are now link specific routes

Link 1 exclusively sign Ellesmere Port but lose Preston - Blackpool North.

Link 1 & 2 sign Man Vic to Stalybridge

Class 769’s also link specific.

Hopefully others can expand the above.
Definitely not pointless, it's all appreciated. I'd always assumed Ellesmere Port would be link specific given the limited amount of work there but I couldn't post it until confirmed. I'm surprised about Blackpool though.

Bow Fell

Definitely not pointless, it's all appreciated. I'd always assumed Ellesmere Port would be link specific given the limited amount of work there but I couldn't post it until confirmed. I'm surprised about Blackpool though.

Liverpool have hardly any Blackpool work anymore which I assumed was the reason why.

There’s a few jobs that just do Liverpool to Preston only or do Preston - Manchester Oxford Road / Airport via Wigan and the Chat Moss.

Jackofspades

They can be if someone is aware which depots are included. I would assume all Metro depots in London?
I know Orpington and Grove park 100% do. I’d imagine slade green, dartford and Charing Cross would too but Victoria i have no idea. Any SE drivers on here?

iphone76

Little update on MTR Crossrail.

Abbey Wood and Plumstead no longer have any 315 work
Abbey Wood and Plumstead also sign Whitechapel to Shenfield

Next update possibly due in December, however, Gidea Park for sure will not be learning past Old Oak Common depot until 2022/23.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Little update on MTR Crossrail.

Abbey Wood and Plumstead no longer have any 315 work
Abbey Wood and Plumstead also sign Whitechapel to Shenfield

Next update possibly due in December, however, Gidea Park for sure will not be learning past Old Oak Common depot until 2022/23.

Duly updated, thanks.

Bow Fell

Huddersfield
Traction:
150, 153, 158, 195
Routes:
Huddersfield-Penistone-Sheffield
Huddersfield-Wakefield Kirkgate-Castleford
Huddersfield-Bradford Interchange-Leeds
Huddersfield - Dewsbury - Leeds

Knew there was one I forgot to add;

Huddersfield also sign Manchester Victoria-Leeds both via Bradford and via Brighouse.